Spotify is a huge digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs of different styles and genres.
Imagine that you found a really cool song. Sometimes you may want to share it with your friends or family, so they can feel the atmosphere and vibe of the song as you do. There is also an app option to add music to your Instagram Story to let your followers see what you’re listening to as well.
This article will show you different ways to share your Spotify music with your friends in an instant.
How to share Spotify music to Instagram story
If you want to share to Instagram story a song that you like, just follow these steps:
- Head to any track, album, playlist or artist profile in the Spotify app;
- Open the Share menu by tapping the “three dots” icon (“…”);
- Click “Instagram Story”.
This will create a new Story featuring your content’s artwork as a “sticker”. Here, you can embellish it with doodles, captions, or any other attention-grabbing add-ons, then post your story.
Once it’s live, viewers will see an option to “Play on Spotify” on the upper left corner of their screen. With this link, friends and followers are more likely to engage with you both on Instagram and Spotify, while getting immediate access to your music.
How to share Spotify music with friends
If you want to share music from Spotify on platforms like Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, WhatsApp, or email via a link, you have to:
- Go to what you want to share and tap the “three dots” icon (“…”);
- Click Share.
After that, choose an option you want to use to share your song:
- To social or messaging apps;
- By copying a link;
- With a Spotify Code.
You can also share your favorite songs from the Spotify desktop app. To do so:
- Right-click on what you want to share or select the “three dots” icon (“…”) next to it;
- Choose Share;
- After that you can Copy Link or Copy embed code.
How to share Spotify music with a Spotify Code
There is an option in the Spotify app to share your music with a Spotify Code. The feature of this way is that you will need your friend’s smartphone or tablet camera to scan the code. But you can also take a screenshot to share it around. So, how to use a Spotify Code:
- Tap Search icon and the Search bar;
- Tap the Camera icon;
- Then, tap SCAN;
- After that, you have to point your or friend’s camera at a Spotify Code.
Featured image credit: Spotify