People use Microsoft Word for a variety of purposes. You can write research papers, do assignments for school or university, write resumes for future jobs, and more. But sometimes you might want to save your Microsoft Word document as a JPEG file.
You may need to convert Word documents to JPEG image files to publish them on the web and post them online. A document saved in JPEG format is compatible with all Internet browsers and doesn’t require additional plug-ins to display them. By converting Word files to JPEG format, you can also create thumbnails of images of your documents, making it easier to view the information they contain.
So, here is how to save a word document as a JPEG.
How to save a Word document as a JPEG using Paste Special function
If you want to save your Word document as a JPEG using Paste Special function, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Word document you want to save as a JPEG file.
- Then, press the “Ctrl + A” keys shortcut to select the entire content. You can also navigate to the “Edit” menu and click on the “Select All” option. Keep in mind that this method will save only one page. You will need to perform these steps for each page separately.
- After that, press “Ctrl + C” on your keyboard to copy the text of the document. Alternatively, right-click on the highlighted content and click “Copy”.
- Open a new document and select “Paste Special” from the “Paste” menu. Or you can use the “Paste Special” function from the “Edit” menu.
- A new window appears. Select “Picture (Enhanced Metafile)” from the list and click “OK”. The image of the individual page you selected will be inserted into the document.
- Finally, right-click on the content and select the “Save as Picture” option. Choose the desired image format.
Sometimes you may get an image with a black background. Here is how you can fix it:
- Save the picture again using another format.
- If you have additional displays, turn them off before converting documents.
Once you have completed these steps, your Word document will be converted to the desired format.
How to save a Word document as a JPEG using Microsoft Paint
If you want to save your Word document as a JPEG using Microsoft Paint, you have to follow these steps:
- Opent the Word document you want to save as a JPEG.
- Then, size the document using a zoom tool so that it’s entirely on the screen.
- Now, press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard and open Microsoft Paint on your desktop.
- After that, press “Ctrl + V” to paste the image.
- Use the crop tool to remove unnecessary parts of the screenshot.
- Click on the “Save As” option and name your file.
- Finally, choose the desired format of the image.
Once you have completed these steps, the content from your Word document will be saved as a JPEG.
How to save a Word document as a PDF file and then as a JPEG file
If you want to save your Word document as a PDF file and then convert it to JPEG format, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, open the Word document you want to save as a PDF file.
- Then, click on “File” and select the “Save As” option.
- Save your document as PDF.
- After that, open Microsoft Store and download the “PDF to JPEG” app.
- Open the app and click on the “Select File” option.
- Search for your PDF file and select it.
- Finally, choose where to store the new file and click on the “Convert” option.
You have also to be aware that you can use different online or third-party converters to save your Word document as a JPEG. You can find them using Google. Just open the website and follow the instructions to properly convert your file.