Google Maps is a fairly popular service from the notorious company, which provides the ability to view information about the state of the roads anywhere in the world and navigate in personal or public transport, as well as on foot.
Maps, like all digital products from Google, is presented as a separate website, as well as on mobile platforms Android and iOS, where it’s available as a separate app. Due to the nature and purpose of the service, it’s used much more often on smartphones and tablets, while interacting with it via a browser on the computer is much more convenient and provides a bit more opportunities, including for solving your today’s problem.
The online service Google Maps provides a lot of opportunities to work with maps of almost any terrain. You can even download maps for offline viewing, so you don’t need an Internet connection to see where you need to go.
Anyway, one of its main functions is to build and save a route. So, here’s how to save a route on Google Maps using a mobile app or PC.
How to save a route on Google Maps using a mobile app
First of all, you have to be aware that even though you can plan and create your own routes down to the smallest detail in Google Maps, you can only save your route on your Android device. However, after creating a route on your computer, you can send directions to your phone, where they will be saved. However, more about that later.
Well, if you want to save a route on Google Maps using your mobile device, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone and type your destination point in the search bar.
- After that, tap on the “Directions” button and select your current location or location where you will start the route.
- Then, select how you travel and tap on the “Pin” button at bottom of the screen.
- The popup window will appear that will notify you that the trip is pinned. Just tap on the “See trip” button.
- Finally, you will be able to see this route using the bottom toolbar. As you can see on the screenshot below, it is saved to your Google Maps account.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to pick fast this route and start your trip.
How to save a route on Google Maps using PC
As mentioned above, you can’t save your route to Google Maps on your computer, but you can send it to your mobile device. To do so, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, open Google Maps on your PC web browser.
- Then, enter your destination point in the search field and click on the “Directions” button.
- After that, enter your current location or where you will start your journey from. You will see all routes to that destination, and the recommended route will be highlighted in blue.
- Next, you can choose one of the travel option in the top left corner of the page and click on the “Send directions to your phone” link.
- Select whether you want the directions to be sent directly to your smartphone app, by email, or via text.
You should immediately receive a notification from Google Maps on your mobile device.
That’s all you have to know about saving a route on Google Maps.