Nowadays, many people use the phone calendar to plan their time and know about upcoming events. Sometimes, you may wake up and not see that you have plans for today, although, you have ticked it in the calendar. In this case, you should restore your events. The information below will explain to you how to do that.
How to restore Google Calendar events on Android
There are several methods that can be used to restore deleted calendar events on your Android OS:
How to restore deleted events from the trash
Deleted events are stored by the updated Google Calendar approximately for a month before removing them permanently. Unfortunately, this feature is available only from your PC, so the moment you find out your calendar events have disappeared, you should go to your computer directly. If your Google account is linked, then your Android phone will also show the restored calendar events. So to restore the events, you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open Google Calendar from your computer.
- After that, you should tap on the Settings wheel which may be found on the top-right corner, and then choose Trash from the dropdown menu.
- Then, you should decide which files you would like to restore and select them from the list of deleted files by checking the box beside each. Finish by clicking on the Restore arrow from the right side.
How to back-up saved Calendars on your computer
Keeping a backup of your iCal or calendar files on your computer can help you restore lost calendar events from Google Calendar. To do that, you should follow a few simple steps:
- First of all, you should log in to Google Calendar.
- After that, you should tap on the Settings wheel and select Settings from the dropdown list.
- Then, select the Import & Export option which may be found on the left panel.
- Next, you should tap on the Export button, after that, your calendar files will be saved on your computer in a zipped folder.
Now, your calendar events have been successfully saved on your computer as a backup. If you ever find Google calendar events have disappeared, add your backup calendar files to Google Calendar.
- You should follow steps 1 through 3 from the list above.
- After that, you should tap on the Import button and select the field Select file from your computer.
- Add the iCal or calendar files from your computer where you had saved it when you exported it by clicking on the file and selecting the Open button.
- In the end, you should tap on the Import button.
How to restore Google Calendar events on iOS
For Mac users, there are two temporary solutions to get the events back, in case, if you have found that your Google Calendar events disappeared:
How to edit an event
- First of all, you should open your Google calendar.
- After that, you can select any event and edit it in any way, even if it means just adding a letter to the description or the event title.
- After that, save the edited event. To let the calendar show the event, it should be refreshed. To do that, you should press Command + R.
How to re-add a calendar
To re-add a calendar that you own, follow these steps.
- Go to Google calendar and click on the Settings wheel.
- Choose your calendar and enable the option “Make available to public”.
- Copy the link from “Public address in ical format”.
- Open the Google calendar from your Mac, click on File, choose “New Calendar Subscription”, and paste the link in it.
Hope the article was helpful for you.