If you often began to experience problems with freezing in your Samsung Galaxy S21, then it’s time to figure out what the problem may be and how to solve it.
How to restart your Samsung Galaxy S21 phone if it freezes
A few years ago, almost all Android smartphones were equipped with removable cases. In case of system failures, device owners could perform a quick reboot by removing the battery for a couple of seconds. Today, however, it’s impossible to solve such cardinal problems – the design of the gadgets will not allow access to the battery. To figure out how to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S21 phone if it hangs up, you can do it without much difficulty – the developers of the popular operating system have provided several ways.
What can cause Samsung Galaxy S21 phone freeze
If the device stops responding to the usual actions, the cause is probably a software failure. Without using the equipment available to the workers of the SC to find out what caused the hang-up is impossible. However, the most common underlying factors are:
- Errors in the work of the graphical shell or when updating the OS
- Excessive filling of the device internal memory
- Failures in updating programs or firmware
- Sudden changes in ambient temperature
- Mechanical damage
In many situations, rebooting helps the smartphone come to its senses. If the freezes are permanent, then you’ll have to resort to more serious measures.
How to restart the Samsung Galaxy S21 with buttons
Android provides the option of an emergency forced reboot, which is performed in the same way on almost all existing smartphones. You can activate the option with the following hotkey combination:
- Press the power (unlock) and volume up buttons
- After the display goes out and the phone vibrates, release the buttons
If the option with the volume up button didn’t work, you should perform a reset using the volume down button. Of course, this approach is relevant if the mechanical keys are working properly.
Are there any alternatives
Much more serious is the case when your favorite gadget doesn’t respond to the power button at all. There is no universal recommendation for such a case. Representatives of manufacturers and service centers advise to try one of the following ways to save the frozen phone:
- Incoming call – it’s worth asking someone to call the smartphone in question. If the display shows an incoming call, you should quickly call the reset menu by pressing the Power button
- If the power button doesn’t work, then wait until the gadget runs out of power. Full power off in this case will interrupt the processes that caused the failure. You can check if the problem is solved by charging the phone a little and turning it on
- Some smartphones are equipped with a service button Reset, which activates an instant reboot immediately after you press it. It’s present, in particular, on some models from Sony and HTC, and is located next to the USB jack (not to be confused with the hole for the microphone) or in the place for the sim card slot. It should be pressed gently, using a thin needle or toothpick
Once you manage to bring your device to its senses, it’s recommended to manually check the list of recently installed software and remove suspicious ones. It’s also worth running the regular antivirus and following the recommendations of the operating system. If the device constantly hangs, you can try restoring it to the factory settings or contacting the service center.