Over time, HDTVs have really become affordable and have acquired many new features. Of course, this can lead to some technical problems later on. But fear not, any device can malfunction, regardless of brand or price. Most consumers can get an incredibly large 4K Smart TV for under $1000, but less expensive models mean lower quality components and more problems. In terms of value for money, Vizio ranks first, providing a satisfactory combination of quality and cost. In addition to great visual screens, their HDTVs include some of the best software you can get.
Smart TVs have been popular for several years, and in that time, software from all brands has improved from sluggish and confusing to smooth and fast. Some branded TV models include Roku and Amazon apps, but most new Vizio HDTV models feature SmartCast. This is the company’s own streaming software. Anyway, if you’re having trouble with your Visio TV, here is how to reset it in a few simple steps.
What problems can occur in Vizio TVs
Bugs are another part of technological fun. Smartphones that use Airplay and Google Cast can easily connect to the app. Of course, no Smart TV has perfect software, and while Vizio’s features stand out, they’re not perfect either. Their high-definition TVs also sometimes have problems, including the following:
- The display on the TV doesn’t work.
- TV doesn’t turn on or flashes in different colors.
- Smart functions stop working.
- TV turns off and on randomly.
How to soft reset Vizio TV
The first thing you can try is to soft reset your Vizio TV. It is really easy to do and doesn’t take much time. Simply turn the device off and leave it on for a few seconds, then turn it back on. This will clear the memory, allow the residual charge to dissipate, and restart the device, all of which can easily fix a large percentage of the device’s problems. That’s why this process becomes the first suggestion any tech support person gives. This suggestion is quick and easy, and it saves all of the device’s settings.
A hard reset is more serious. Not only does it do everything the same as a soft reset, but it also resets the device’s firmware or configuration to factory defaults, clears memory, and completely reboots the device. A hard reset is pretty much the same as going back in time when you first took your Vizio Smart TV out of the box.
How to hard reset Vizio TV
A hard reset of your Vizio Smart TV deletes all configurations and settings. It will delete all account data for any smart applications, reset network data and run a firmware update if one is available. Anyway, if you want to hard reset your Vizio TV, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, disconnect your router from the outlet.
- Then, go to your Vizio TV and press the “Menu” button on your Vizio remote control.
- Navigate to the “System” settings and press “OK”.
- After that, select the “Reset TV to Factory Defaults” option.
- Enter the lock code when prompted. Default parental lock code is “0000”.
- Next, select “Reset” and press “OK”.
- Finally, just wait until the TV turns off. Your Vizio TV will delete its configuration and restore all files from its cache, and then the setup screen will appear.
Once you have completed these steps, just plug your router back in and perform the setup process on your Vizio TV. Now, reconnect to your WiFi network. That’s all you need to do to reset your Vizio TV.