Today, conventional television is gradually giving way to streaming. More and more people are watching their favorite shows and movies on streaming platforms without waiting for content to be scheduled on TV.
So streaming has become the main way of entertainment. In fact, it has become so popular that at some point you may find that you have too many subscriptions.
Whether you’re a free trial subscriber who isn’t satisfied with Showtime’s offer, or you’re a paid subscriber, you can cancel your Showtime subscription and save money.
The interesting thing about unsubscribing from Showtime is that you can only do that on the platform you had originally subscribed on. If you subscribed to Showtime through Prime Video, you can only cancel the service through Amazon.
To cancel your Showtime subscription, use any of the following methods:
How to cancel Showtime with Amazon.com
Perhaps the easiest way for you to cancel your Showtime subscription is to use Amazon.com. All of the service’s subscriptions are here, so you can manage them from one place.
To stop channel billing, follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon.com on device connected to the Internet.
- On the site, log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to the “Accounts and Lists” page.
- Then go to “Memberships & Subscriptions”.
- From the available options, select “Prime Video Channels”.
- You’ll find “Showtime” among your Prime Video channels.
- Unsubscribe from the channel on the right to the end of your subscription.
How to cancel Showtime through the shopping app
You can also change your Amazon subscriptions through the shopping app. To do so:
- If you haven’t already done so, download and install the Amazon app on your phone.
- Sign in to the app using your Amazon account credentials.
- Go to “Your Account”.
- After you open the options for your account settings, go to “Memberships and Subscriptions”.
- If no active subscriptions are displayed, click on the “Don’t See Your Subscriptions” option.
- This will bring up a new window with different types of subscriptions. Among them, select the “Channel Subscriptions” option that will be located next to “Prime Video Channels”.
- Among the subscriptions, find “Showtime” and click on the “Cancel Channel” button below it.
How to cancel Showtime via contacting Amazon customer support team
When trying to unsubscribe from Showtime, you may have realized that you can only do this on Amazon – either on the site or in the app.
The process can be confusing, especially if you subscribe to Amazon Prime. Also, trying to unsubscribe through the site or app can cause problems.
However, don’t worry, there is another alternative: write an email to support asking them to cancel your subscription.
Follow these steps:
- First, go to Amazon’s customer assistance portal.
- Once you go there, scroll down to the “Help Topics” section.
- There, click on the “Need More Help” option.
- Click on the “Contact Us” link that appears to the right of the topic.
- Next, you’ll need to specify the problem and describe it. From the options available, select “Prime” or “Something Else”.
- After that, scroll down to the “Tell Us More” section.
- Select the “Prime” option from the fields that appear.
- Next, navigate to “Manage Membership”.
- Go to the new window and select “Change Prime auto-renewal”.
- Scroll down to the “Or Talk to Someone” section and click on the email button. A message box will appear.
- In the new window, write a request to cancel Showtime and send the message.
A customer service representative will contact you within a few hours and help you stop billing.
The last resort for you may be to call Amazon customer service. This is a good option if you’re having trouble unsubscribing online or don’t want to do it yourself.
In this case, simply call Amazon customer service at 1-888-2804-331 and ask a representative to cancel your Showtime subscription.