Recently, wireless technology has only been gaining momentum in all areas of life. This is not surprising, because wireless technology simplifies life in all aspects – it is simply more convenient and safer.
Smart TVs are leading in the market of TVs and every brand is trying to increase their quality as well as add more convenient and interesting features. And among smartphones, Apple still owns this niche.
Even so, the mirror function is very important when you are going to combine these two devices. However, can these two brands work in sync? In this article, I will tell you how to mirror the iPhone screen on Sony TV.
How to mirror iPhone screen to Sony TV
Before you perform the mirroring procedure itself, you need to understand what model your smart TV is. This will determine how to solve the problem in the future. Ie, if you have the latest models of Sony TV, then you do not really need to change something, etc. Everything is done in advance and the AirPlay function will help you. And if you have an older model, you can only save the situation by using Apple TV.
Airplay to mirror iPhone screen
When you buy a new Sony TV model, you are given the opportunity to use the AirPlay feature. The latter allows you to mirror all content from your iPhone to your Sony TV. This function is pre-installed and you do not need to download or buy it. Do not forget to update your software or operating system. Here’s a guide on how to use AirPlay:
- First of all turn on your smart TV
- From the Input selection, pick the AirPlay option while using your TV remote control
- Now, select AirPlay & HomeKit settings
- Turn on the AirPlay feature on your TV
Now, the steps focus on how to pair and mirror the iPhone to Sony TV.
- You have already turned on your TV. Do make sure that both your TV and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- From iPhone’s screen, drop down to access the control panel
- Tap on the ‘Screen Mirroring’ option
- From the screen mirroring popup, a list of AirPlay devices is shown, pick your Sony TV from there
- The process is secure. Therefore, you need to enter AirPlay pass code in order to proceed further. Enter the pass code in your iPhone as shown on your TV screen
- Once the pass code is entered, both the devices will connect and your iPhone starts mirroring content to Sony TV
Apple TV for mirroring iPhone screen
If you have an older model of Sony TV, but you want to be able to watch content from iPhone on your TV, then it makes sense to buy Apple TV. Make sure you have an HDMI cable to connect the Apple TV box to your smart TV. Use this guide to get everything set up for full operation:
- The first step is to connect the Apple TV box with your Sony smart TV using an HDMI cable (sold separately)
- Turn on both the devices – Apple TV and Sony TV
- Pick your TV remote, and press on ‘Input selection’
- Select the HDMI port where Apple TV is connected and follow the instructions. You will also need to configure both devices for the same Wi-Fi connectivity
Now, it is time to connect your iPhone to Apple TV for screen mirroring.
- On your iPhone, drop down to access the control cente
- Tap on the ‘Screen mirroring’ option
- From the screen mirroring popup, select ‘Apple TV’ as shown in the list of devices available
- If the connection is secured with a pass code, do enter the same on your iPhone. It should be the same as shown on the TV
- The iPhone is now connected to Apple TV and you can enjoy the content on a big screen
Is there alternative ways
Yes, it is possible to use third-party apps instead of the built-in AirPlay or Apple TV. However, one should make sure before downloading and installing the apps. Meanwhile, some of the apps have paid options, or else end up using a trial with limited features.
With these two methods, you can enjoy a pleasant viewing experience from your iPhone on TV. These methods are the most effective and fastest.