Probably everyone knows and has dealt with the design application Paint. It is used for different purposes – someone wants to learn the ability to draw, someone just uses Paint as an auxiliary tool for presentations, etc.
But if you often use Paint, you’ve probably encountered the need to make the background transparent. This can help you draw the viewer’s attention to an object against a transparent background. Also, a transparent background helps to layer a certain image on top of another without any unwanted background mess.
In any case, this article will show you how to make the background transparent using Paint.
How to make transparent background via MS Paint on Windows 10
If you are using Windows 10 and you need to make a transparent background in Paint, here is an instruction on how to do it quickly and without wasting time:
- Open the image you wish to use in “Paint” on your computer
- Next, click on “Select” on the left-hand side of the bar located at the top of your page
- Select the “Transparent Selection” option from the available list
- Once you’ve done this, choose “Free-Form Selection” from the “Select” button
- Trace around the area you wish to preserve by holding down the left mouse button and dragging
- Right-click the rectangle that appears around the traced area and select “Cut”
- Open a new page on Paint and press Ctrl – V to paste your image
- The picture will now have a transparent background
How to make transparent background via MS Paint on Windows 7
In case you are using Windows 7 (that is famous for its easy-to-use) and you need to make a transparent background in Paint, follow these steps to do it quickly and without wasting time:
- Open the image you wish to edit in MS Paint
- From the toolbar on the top of your page, select “Color 2.” From here, you’ll need to choose the background color for your image
- Next, click the “Eyedropper” tool from the toolbar, then click on background of the image. This will set your background to the color you chose in “Color 2”
- You’ll then need to click on “Select,” then “Transparent Selection” from the drop-down menu
- Select either “Rectangular Selection” or “Free-Form Selection”, then trace around the part of the image you wish to get rid of by holding down the left-hand button on your mouse
- Right-click and select “Cut” to dismiss the part of your image you wish to cut out. Then select “Copy” over the part of the image you wish to save
- Open a new window in Paint and “Paste” your copied image
- It will now appear with a transparent background
How to make a transparent text background via MS Paint
A very useful skill that will make your picture or project unique and improve your Paint experience. This type of design can be done in the program as follows:
- From your toolbar on the left-hand side of your window, select the text icon
- After selecting this icon, you’ll notice a bunch of new icons on your page. Select the “Transparent Background” icon
- Next, use your mouse to draw a text box where you would like your writing to appear. Take your time with this because once this is set, won’t be able to resize it without starting from scratch
- Choose the font, size, and color you wish to use from the toolbar then type your text
- Once you’re satisfied, click outside the text box to set your changes
- You’ll then notice that the text background is now transparent
Many people who are just starting to use Paint will find this article useful because knowing how to make a picture in different styles and with different approaches will help dilute the toolkit, expand the library of knowledge, and in general facilitate the transition to more sophisticated editing programs.