Discord is a great place to chat with friends and make new ones. This platform has changed a lot during the period of its existence and now it’s used by many gamers, so it’s great for multiplayer games.
However, it has its own peculiarities that you have to get used to. One of them is that Discord will not let you log out of your account if you just close the window. Normally Discord is set to automatically boot up and sign in to your account when you start up your desktop.
In addition, you can only log in if you have two accounts. It isn’t possible to use more than that. The only other option is to log in from Discord. And if you need to leave your account, here’s how to do it. Plus, here you can also log out of Discord on all devices. In addition to all of this, you can also switch between accounts with ease.
How to log out of Discord on Windows or Mac
If you need to change your account or just log in from Discord, the method for Mac and Windows is the same. Follow these steps to complete this procedure:
- Open Discord app. Navigate to Discord website if you want to access it in your web browser. Click Open.
- Click the cog icon. It’s at the bottom of the screen on the left next to your username.
- This will open the User Setting window.
- On the left, scroll down a little and click Log Out.
- A confirmation window will appear. Simply confirm your decision
How to log out of Discord via Mobile app
If you don’t have access to a PC/laptop or a Mac, you can do it just as easily from your mobile device: Here’s a short guide on how to do it:
- Open the Discord app on your device.
- In the upper-left corner of your screen, click on the three horizontal lines icon.
- This will open the navigation menu. You can even swipe right from the left side of your screen to open this menu.
- On the appearing window (navigation window), tap Profile picture. You will see it in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- It will open User Settings page.
- Now, tap on the Exit icon icon that has a rightward arrow in it. This is located next to the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Clicking on it will sign you out of your account on iPhone (iOS) or Android
How to log out of Discord on all devices
When you sign in from the Discord app, by default, when you turn on your device, Discord will launch the app with an already-logged-in account. Therefore, if you lose your device, malicious attackers can take advantage of this. To prevent this from happening, it’s better to log in with Discord on all devices. Here’s how you can do it:
- Sign up Discord or login to Discord
- Move your cursor to the cog icon (user settings) next to your username
- In the new window you will see a button Change Password. Click on it
- Create yourself a new password
And since you create a new password, you will automatically log out from all devices. However, when you log in to Discord, you will need to re-enter your new username and password from each device.
How to enable or disable two-factor authentication
If you enable two-factor authentication, then every time you log in, Discord will ask you for a special code. This format is good because it secures your account a little more. When you enable this option, you have to input this code along with your password to log in every time because Discord logs you out from all the devices automatically.
- Download either the Google Authentication or the Authy app
- Scan the barcode on the Discord screen using the ‘Scan a barcode’ option on the authentication app
- Your account will be added to the Google Authentication
- You’ll get a 6 digit key on the app
- The 6 digit code will keep changing after a few seconds
- However, the authentication will still work with the code which was just replaced by the new one
If you had this option enabled before, turn it off, change your password, and turn it back on to log out of all devices.
These methods allow you to leave your account from a single device or from several devices. As practice shows, two-factor authentication is one of the most reliable ways to secure your account and data. Therefore, it’s recommended to use it if you have important files and correspondence in Discord.