If you don’t like plugging in hardware like external streaming boxes or too many cables and devices next to your new LG Smart TV, then this article will help you. Since Showtime offers its viewers a wide range of content, it makes you think about trying such a service. When you want to watch a series, but have no desire and time to connect an additional streaming device, it is Showtime that saves the situation.
So, a stand-alone subscription costs $11 per month, and grants access to the live feed of both Showtime’s East and West Coast feeds, as well as on-demand content. This means you will be able to watch Showtime original series like Billions, Homeland, The Chi, Ray Donovan, Shameless, Twin Peaks, and more, as well as the upcoming limited series Patrick Melrose, all without having to plug any external devices into your TV.
It is nice if you don’t have a cable or satellite subscription, but what to do if you do have a subscription, and just want to enjoy Showtime on your LG smart TV located somewhere else in the house? For such cases there is Showtime Anytime, the network’s authentication service that is fitted to LG TVs, comes in handy. After you pass authentification
, you are able to watch all of the content mentioned above just as easily.
What providers support SHOWTIME
On top of its stand-alone and cable offerings, Showtime is available via live TV streaming providers like Sling TV, DirecTV Now, PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, and others. It’s also available via Amazon Channels, which gives you access to various streaming networks and services in one place.
When Showtime first started in 2015, it was only supported on Roku and Apple TV, and you could watch Showtime through your browser. It wasn’t until some time later that additional hardware was released. Now in addition to the platforms already mentioned, the service is available on Amazon Fire TV devices, Samsung smart TVs, and Xbox One game consoles.
How to sign up and download SHOWTIME on LG Smart TV
You are still able to enjoy showtime directly via your LG TV. Additionally, you may be able to stream to your LG Smart TV through Apple AirPlay.
SHOWTIME app on LG Smart TV
- First you need to do is to sign up for SHOWTIME
- Once you’ve signed up, go to the Home Screen on your LG Smart TV
- Launch the app store and search for “SHOWTIME” on your LG Smart TV
- Choose “Download” to install the app
- After you have installed it, log in using your SHOWTIME credentials
- You can now stream SHOWTIME on LG Smart TV
- Once again, sign up for SHOWTIME
- Install the SHOWTIME iPhone or iPad app
- Once installed, log in using your SHOWTIME credentials
- Make sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone/or iPad
- Start playing the content in the SHOWTIME app and select the AirPlay icon
- Choose your LG Smart TV and it will start displaying on your Smart TV
Note: in case if you have a compatible TV and you don’t see AirPlay as an option, make sure you update to the latest LG Smart TV firmware
So you can watch and enjoy your favorite shows on Showtime without too much fuss and loss of time, LG TV took care of their viewers and made it very convenient to make Showtime available on their smart TV.