Google Chrome is used every day by millions of people to search and find the information that they need. It gives you an opportunity to find the answer to your question within several minutes. Google Chrome is used all the day and not less it’s used at night.
As developers have filled the browser with many features and opportunities to let all groups of users feel convenient, many people want to feel relaxing while using the browser at night. Your eyes may feel stressed from the very bright light of the screen, so, you are provided with an opportunity to turn all the websites and services on Google Chrome into dark mode.
Why dark mode is better
Dark Mode is a display setting that is used for user interfaces such as smartphones and desktops. Basically, when you switch on the dark mode, instead of dark text on the light background, you’d see the dark background with the light text. In this way, the stress which influences your eyes health would be significantly reduced. The dark mode is also known as black mode, dark theme, night mode, and light-on-dark.
There are many advantages of using this mode, except for, the eyes health. Read the section below to know why to use the dark mode:
- It’s better for low-light settings. While using your smartphone at night, you won’t bother other people and wake them up.
- The amount of “blue light” that is emitted from your phone would be reduced. This helps you not to fall asleep while using your phone before you go to bed.
- This mode reduces the usage of the energy, so your battery would last longer.
- This mode also is good for users with light sensitivity or visual impairment.
So, as you can see the dark mode has no benefits that you may experience while using it. Fortunately, you won’t need to make much effort to enable it and experience the pleasure of usage.
How to enable dark mode on websites on Google Chrome via the flag setting
Dark Mode is a great option that lets you use efficiently Google Chrome at night. Before I explored this feature, I used to surf the web while the background remained very bright. That’s why my productivity has decreased as my eyes were influenced by stress and I was near to fall down asleep every time. However, fortunately, I’ve found a way to enable the dark mode on Google Chrome websites that has greatly improved my life. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open Google Chrome.
- After that, you should click inside the browser’s URL address bar.
- Then, you should fill in chrome://flags/ in the website address bar.
- Next, you should click on the Enter keyboard key.
- After that, you should fill in the keyword enable-force-dark in the Search flags box at the top of the Experiments tab.
- Then, you should click on Enabled which can be found in the drop-down menu for the Auto Dark Mode for Web Content option.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the Relaunch button that would be displayed at the bottom of Chrome.
Since then, you can see that the background of your website is dark and significantly improves your productivity while surfing the web at night. Moreover, you wouldn’t also disturb your partners at night if they sleep and you need to open Google Chrome. That’s since you enable the dark mode, you’ll be able to use your device more conveniently.
How to enable dark mode on websites on Google Chrome via the Dark Reader extension
In case the first method isn’t suitable for you, you shouldn’t get disappointed. If you need to enable the dark mode on Google Chrome websites, fortunately, there’s still one more method that would help you to save your eyes’ health, reduce stress and significantly influence your productivity. This would let you work well instead of falling asleep because of the “blue light”. So, if you want to enable dark mode on websites on Google Chrome via the Dark Reader extension, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should tap on the Add to Chrome button on its web store page.
- When the Dark Reader would be installed, you should tap on the extension’s button on Chrome’s URL toolbar. In case, there’s no button, you should tap on the Extensions icon to select Dark Reader’s Pin option.
- Then, you should tap on the Dark Reader button to open the add-on.
- After that, in case, the Dark Mode isn’t enabled by default, you should tap on the Dark mode option. Since then, you’ll see that the black background would be displayed on most websites.
- If you want to return everything back, you should tap on the Light or Off options.
Since then, the dark mode on Google Chrome websites would be enabled. This would give you a great opportunity for the most convenient usage of your browser as your experience would be greatly influenced.
How to customize the dark mode on Google Chrome websites
Fortunately, in case you feel you need the dark mode feature applied to your Google Chrome websites, but you aren’t satisfied with some characteristics of the applied mode, the developers have provided users with an opportunity to customize the options of the mode. To do that, you should follow the prompts that are mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should tap the left and right arrow buttons for the Brightness, Contrast, Sepia, and Grayscale settings to open those options.
- If you only want those settings used for the open webpage, you should click on the Only for option.
Since then, the settings would be adjusted and you can customize the option in the way that you feel is the most convenient and best for you. This would greatly influence the user experience of the dark mode that you’ve applied to all Google Chrome websites.