Mobile communication is probably one of the best technologies of mankind because thanks to it people can communicate from any corner of the earth. It’s not out of date, because even with Wi-Fi, people don’t have such a wide coverage of the latter to keep in touch. That is why mobile operators such as T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon are still in use.
Actually, the latter began its business after the 1981 breakup of Bell Atlantic, then renamed itself Verizon in 2000 after buying GTE. Verizon also provides residential broadband service on its Fios fiber-optic network, allowing for some discounts for customers who sign up for both internet and wireless services.
In this article, you’ll learn about what Verizon offers and, most importantly, how to find your phone number if you suddenly need to share it with someone or enter it when purchasing goods online.
What Verizon offers its customers
In general, Verizon offers many different plans, which start at $30 and end at $90 a month. Also, you pay $35 to activate the plan. The other good news is that Verizon rewards “BYOD” (“bring your own device”) customers with a $500 gift card. However, you must understand that there may be some peculiarities and nuances, so be prepared for the fact that you may not receive the full $500.
How to find your number on Verizon
There are situations when you can’t remember your phone number or you recently bought a new one and haven’t remembered the new number yet. In this case, Verizon offers its clients an easy way to view their phone numbers. All you have to do is follow this guide:
- Press the Menu button on your phone to navigate to the menu screen. Click the Settings and Tools icon
- Scroll down and click System and then Device Info
- Click My Number to view the details about your phone, including memory status, software version and your phone number. You should see your seven-digit phone number with area code next to the label My Number or About Phone
Is it possible to cancel Verizon cell phone service
If you don’t like the service from Verizon, then you can refuse it at any time. However, the procedure will take a little time. Be prepared to have everything you need before calling for support – you’ll need the account owner’s name, phone number, and the account PIN or the last four digits of the account owner’s Social Security number.
- In order to cancel your Verizon cell phone service, call customer service – they’re open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sundays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – at 1-800-922-0204. You can also schedule a time for Verizon to call you via its website
- There is also a chace to visit a store in person to cancel your service, but you’ll need to schedule an appointment first and use the My Verizon app to communicate your arrival. COVID-19 safety precautions require you to wear a face mask inside the store
- If you have an outstanding Device Payment Agreement, you’ll need to pay out the balance of the loan or return the device to Verizon. If you can do neither, Verizon can assist you with more options.
- In case purchased your cell phone from an authorized third-party retailer on an installment payment plan, you may owe them a separate termination fee
- If you have a Buy One, Get One promotion, the credits you receive for the “free” cell phone will stop and you’ll be charged the remaining balance of the Device Payment Agreement for both devices.
- Verizon says cancellations aren’t effective on the day you call or initiate the end of your service, but cancellations are effective on the last day of the billing cycle in which you cancel
Other Cell Phone Plans
A shortlist with a few alternatives:
- Boost Mobile
- Consumer Cellular
- Google Fi
- Metro by T-Mobile
- Mint Mobile
- Tello Economy
Now you know more about Verizon, its plans and approximate prices, how to find a phone number and whether such an operator is suitable for you at all. Also, so as not to mislead you in the completeness of the information, you can go to the main website of the operator and check the prices of plans and tariffs. In addition, the website will tell you what is offered and what you’ll get when you sign up for it.