If you use Roku and at some point, you need to know your IP address, this article will give you the answers. In general, it’s useful to know your IP address, as it can be particularly handy when you need to connect to Roku to a new network or if you’re having issues with your connection.
The easiest way to find out what your IP address is is to use your remote control. There is also no problem using the application on your smartphone or looking for the address through your browser. Instructions will be provided below.
How to find a Roku IP address via the Remote Control
If you don’t want to complicate your life too much, this is the easiest and fastest way. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on Roku TV. You will immediately be taken to the home screen
- Use your remote to open the menu on the top of your screen
- Use the down button until you find “Settings” on the menu
- Press on the “OK” button on your remote
- Continue to “Network” in the submenu
- Use the “OK” button on your remote to select “About”
A new window that you will see after completing these steps will contain all the information about your network: the name of the network, status, connection type, signal strength, and much more. Your IP address will also be listed.
How to find a Roku IP address via a web browser
In some cases, you don’t have the remote control or it doesn’t work, so in this case, you can use an alternative – Remoku. This is an extension for Google Chrome that allows you to easily know your IP address. Follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome
- Search for the Google Chrome Web Store or simply type in “Chrome apps”
- Type in “Remoku” in the search bar. There should be only one extension on the results page
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button on the right side of the extension
- Select “Add” on the pop-up menu. After that, the extension will be visible in the right corner of the screen as a black square with the letter R. Click on the icon and you will open the virtual remote control. Then just follow the instructions
- Click on the extension icon in the corner of the screen. This will open the app
- Select “Settings” on the top menu
- Click on the “Scan” button next to “How many Rokus?”
Now you can see your IP address under the “Find my Roku” section. You can also enter it manually or add a new one under “Manual add”. It’s also possible to delete the IP address.
This extension for Google Chrome is convenient because it can be used instead of the control panel. In cases where your remote control is lost or broken, this is the best option. However, keep in mind that not all the Rock can use this extension.
How to find a Roku IP address using the mobile app
If you use Roku, it’s very useful to install the application on your smartphone, whether it’s an iPhone or an Android device. It has a user-friendly interface and it’s very convenient to control the whole process. Once you have installed the app, here’s what you need to do next:
- Launch the app on your phone
- Log into your account if you haven’t already
- Head over to the “My Channels” tab
- Tap on the settings icon in the upper-right corner of your screen
- Find “System Info” on the list of options
Now your Roku’s IP address will be shown in the “System Info” tab, along with other information about your network.
And that’s pretty much everything on how to get the info about your IP address on Roku TV.