Some users of Samsung Smart TV have encountered a problem when they can not exit Samsung TV Plus. It is a free built-in app with over 200 live TV channels and thousands of movies and shows on demand. It all sounds tempting, but some users don’t need it. Especially if they already use another streaming service.
So, if you are one of such users who can’t get out of Samsung TV Plus, I will help you solve this problem. In short, you can exit Samsung TV Plus with the Home button on your remote control. However, if it doesn’t work, you will have to disable the app and delete all channels permanently.
So here’s how you can do that.
How to disable Samsung TV Plus
To stop the automatic playback of Samsung TV Plus, you need to remove the icon from the Home screen and disable all channels. So follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote control and highlight the Samsung TV Plus app.
- Then press the down arrow button on the remote and select Remove.
- Finally, select Disable and restart your Samsung TV.
Once you have completed these steps, the Samsung TV Plus app icon should disappear from the Home screen. Now you can delete all Samsung TV Plus channels.
How to delete Samsung TV Plus channels
If you want to remove all Samsung TV Plus channels from your Samsung TV, you can follow these instructions:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote control and select Channel list. Some Samsung remotes even have a special button.
- At the bottom of the channel list page, select Edit Channels.
- After that, select Samsung TV Plus from the left panel.
- Then check the Select All box and select Delete.
- Now, confirm this action by clicking Delete again.
- Finally, select Save and Exit.
You should also know that if you see the Auto tuning option, click the cancel icon. After that, restart your Samsung TV to ensure the changes will take effect. When you have deleted Samsung TV Plus channels, their playback will stop automatically.
How to deactivate Autorun Last App on Samsung TV
Autorun Last App is a Smart Hub feature on Samsung TVs that launches the last app you used. If your Samsung TV keeps defaulting to TV Plus mode, turning off this feature will help you stop it. So do the following:
For 2023 Samsung TV models
- Press Menu.
- Select Settings and go to All Settings.
- After that, go to General & Privacy.
- Finally, select Autorun Last App and disable it.
For 2017-2021 Samsung TV models
- Open the Home screen on your Samsung TV and go to the Settings menu.
- After that, go to General and select Smart Features.
- Then select Autorun Last App and disable it.
For 2016 Samsung TV models
- Navigate to Settings and select System.
- Next, select Expert Settings.
- Go to Autorun Last App and disable it.
Once you have completed these steps, restart your Samsung TV. All of these settings may seem a bit difficult, but as a result, you can get rid of Samsung TV Plus.
How to return Samsung TV Plus
On the other hand, you can always turn it back on. You can restore the TV Plus channels by performing a Smart Hub reset. However, you should know that this will sign you out of all your apps, so you have to ensure you have all your login information and your device’s PIN code (default is 0000). So if you’re ready, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings (All Settings).
- After that, select Support and go to Self Diagnosis.
- Finally, select Smart Hub Reset.
After that, all Samsung TV Plus channels will be restored.