Google Chrome has a fairly wide range of functionality and it’s easy to customize the visuals and interface. Here is how to change the light theme into a dark one in Google Search.
Is there an option to enable dark mode in Google Search
Literally, all apps and websites default to a light theme. This is the standard, but for some reason, most people prefer a dark theme, when the background is dark and the text is light. Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that in this way the text is perceived much easier. Especially if you spend a lot of time surfing the Internet and your eyes get tired. The dark theme helps and doesn’t strain your eyesight so much.
Moreover, if you have an OLED screen, the dark theme also saves the battery life of your device. This is because the white light needs to produce a bit more energy.
In any case, whatever the reason, you can change the theme from light to dark in Google Search as easily as in the whole Google Chrome.
Next, you will see a couple of guides on how to change the theme quickly and easily.
How to switch to dark mode in Google Search on PC or laptop
In general, Google Chrome adapts initially to your interface, that is, for example, in Windows 10 you can see it in Settings > Personalization > Color > Choose your default app mode. Of course, you have the option to change everything and do it your way.
- Go to Google.com
- If you want dark mode to automatically apply across all browsers, use the button in the top-right to Sign In to your Google account. If you see your profile picture, you’re already signed in
- Click Settings in the bottom-right
- Click Dark theme to toggle it On
- Don’t see that option? No worries. Click Search Settings
- On the left menu, click Appearance
- Select Dark theme
- Click Save
How to switch to dark mode in Google Search via mobile device
You can also easily change the theme from light to dark in Google Chrome on mobile devices. It should be noted that here you don’t change the theme on the search page itself but in the settings of your Google Chrome app. There is nothing complicated here, here is a short guide:
- Go to Google.com
- If you want dark mode to automatically apply across all your mobile devices and tablets, use the button in the top-right to Sign In to your Google account. If you see your profile picture, you’re already signed in
- In the top-left, select More (three horizontal lines)
- Tap Dark theme to toggle it On.Don’t see that option? Tap Settings
- Beneath Appearance or Basics, select Dark theme (Theme)
- Scroll down and tap the preferred option
- A notification appears to say your preferences have been saved. Select OK and you will be redirected to the Google homepage
Don’t forget that you can change the theme not only in Google Chrome and the search engine page from light to dark, but also in other Google apps like Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, Google Maps, and Google Play Store. And this list can go on and on because not only Google apps support this format, but also many other apps and services. For example, Discord also has such a function.
Besides all this, Google Chrome for the desktop version allows you to dilute the common browser colors into interesting palettes. For example, if you go to your browser’s Settings, you will see the Appearance tab on the left, where you will see the Theme tab. Once there, Chrome will show you a huge selection of different themes for your browser for free.
Now you know exactly how to configure your interface and create comfortable conditions for yourself and your health.