Roku is a device that allows you to watch media files from the Internet on your TV. The device requires minimal setup and an Internet connection, just like your computer. Roku streaming devices use an operating system that allows users to access and manage streams. This streaming service has quickly gained popularity among users in the streaming device market. Its advantages are a simple and easy-to-use interface and a fast OS response time.
After you connect your Roku TV to WiFi, it will automatically remember your WiFi data and connect in the future. If you need to disconnect your Roku TV from the WiFi network for some reason, here is how to do it.
How to disconnect Roku TV from WiFi
If you want to disconnect the Roku TV from your WiFi network, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, press the “Home” button on your Roku TV remote control to navigate to the main screen.
- Then, go to the “Settings” menu on the left side of the main screen.
- Press “OK” button to open the Roku TV’s settings.
- After that, go to the “System” section and open the “Advanced System Settings” menu there.
- Next, select “Network Connection Reset”.
- Finally, choose the “Reset connection” option and press the “OK” button on your Roku remote control.
Once you have completed these steps, your Roku TV will reboot and take a few moments to forget its WiFi network details.
How to use Roku TV without the remote control
If you want to use your Roku TV without remote control, you need to download a special Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. Better yet, use the Roku app on another mobile device that is not used as a mobile hotspot. Once you have downloaded and installed the Roku app, you can start setting it up as a remote control. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Choose the “Remote” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, the remote screen appears.
The remote displayed in the Roku app should be an exact copy of your physical Roku remote control. Try pressing the arrow keys and see if your Roku player recognizes these movements.
How to connect Roku TV to WiFi using the Roku app
If you want to connect your Roku TV to a WiFi network without physical remote control but using the virtual remote control, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, open the Roku app and use it as a remote control.
- Go to “Settings” on your Roku TV.
- Choose “Network” and connect your Roku TV to an appropriate WiFi network.
- After that, you can disable the mobile hotspot.
If everything is successful, your Roku player should detect the app remote control as a normal Roku remote control. As long as they remain connected to the same WiFi network, your phone can work as a remote control. Navigating the Roku menu can be tedious, but remember that it’s not something you can’t do, even if you’re not tech-savvy.