During a certain period of time, many Samsung users have faced issues with the Bixby feature. Some of them want to get rid of it, so are seeking some solutions. If this is your case, you should keep on reading.
How to turn off Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S22
Unfortunately, Bixby is still available on Samsung smartphones and Galaxy S22 isn’t an exception. The Samsung manufacturers have tried to get rid of this feature in recent years. For example, replacing the Bixby home on the left side of your home screen with Google Discover by default.
However, Bixby is still entrenched in the power button. So when you press the power button longer to turn off your Galaxy S22 smartphone, you will see that Bixby is activated instead. So, if you want to disable this function, you can use some methods. Keep on reading to know more about that.
What is Bixby
Bixby is Samsung’s own Smart Assistant, which was firstly presented in 2017 with the Galaxy S8. Samsung has been fully pledged with Bixby in recent years, putting the power button on its new smartphones.
Samsung has also provided a new feature, called the Galaxy Home, a Bixby built-in smart speaker. However, it was never made available for purchase.
Compared to its competitors Google Assistant (pre-installed on all Android smartphones), Amazon Alexa and Apple’s Siri are no less than Bixby.
How to turn off Bixby on the Galaxy S22
Even though there is no Bixby on the left side of the home screen, with the Galaxy S22, you can still activate it using the power button or the “side key”. So, if you want to turn off Bixby on the Galaxy S22, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to your Notification Panel.
- Aftre that, you should tap on the Power Menu button which can be found in the Quick Settings panel.
- Then, you should click on the Side Key settings.
- Since then, you will be able to change the double press action to Quick Launch Camera or any other app. On the other side, it can be disabled totally if you want.
- In case you want to open the Power Off menu, you can also change the Press and Hold action on the power button. It was present in almost every other smartphone that existed.
Samsung has already removed it from your home screen by default and replaced it with Google Discover. So this is really the only place where Bixby can be found now.
How to switch off the Bixby Wake-up command
Basically, it’s possible to activate Bixby by saying “Hi, Bixby” from anywhere. If you don’t want to use Bixby, this listening for the command in the background is just eating up the battery. If you want to turn off the Bixby Wake-up command, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open “Bixby” from the app drawer and then, you should click on the compass icon which can be found in the floating Bixby bar.
- After that, you should click on the three-dot menu icon which can be found in the top right and then, you should tap on “Settings.”
- To complete the process, you should toggle off the switch for “Voice Wake-Up.”
After you have completed the steps above, Bixby will no longer be listening for the wake-up command and you have the power menu back with the Power Button. It’s important to know that Bixby is still installed on your Galaxy S22, however, you’ll never run into it.
How to disable Bixby on your Samsung TV
If you want to turn off Bixby on your Samsung TV, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to Settings.
- After that, you should click on General.
- Then, you should tap on Bixby Voice Settings.
- To complete the process, you should head to Voice wake-up in order to switch it to Off.
After you have completed the process above, you can be sure that the TV isn’t always listening for the wake words ‘Hi Bixby’ and would never be activated. It’s important to make sure that you never click on the Microphone button on your remote, and Bixby would never be displayed.
On most 2021 smart Samsung TVs, along with some 2020 models, Alexa is actually baked into the television along with Bixby. If you want to check if your TV has this feature, you should head to the home screen and scroll right until you find the Alexa app. After that, you should follow the on-screen prompts, which include scanning a QR code with your phone and signing into your Amazon account.