So, you need to delete unnecessary pages in the PDF file. A completely straightforward process that will not take much time and will simplify your life. Moreover, there are several such methods.
Is it possible to delete pages from a PDF file
It just so happens that not always the right Pdf file is right for you. Some files may be too large to upload quickly. Or you may have a book of 500 pages, and you only need to demonstrate 10 of them. In this case, there are special online and offline services to help you do this.
Below you will read the four most popular methods. Both Windows and Mac users can use these methods.
What about Preview on a Mac
First, you can select the method that is suitable for Mac users and is the fastest and default:
- Double-click the PDF to open it in Preview. If it opens in another program instead, such as Adobe Reader, right-click the file, select Open With and then click Preview.
- Click the View menu. It’s in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Thumbnails on the menu. This displays all of the pages as thumbnails (small images).
- Select the page(s) you want to delete. If you want to delete more than one page, press and hold the Command key as you click each page.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard. If you’d prefer, you can click the Edit menu at the top of the screen and select Delete instead. This removes the selected pages from your PDF
Is SmallPDF on the Web worth a try
This online service is easy to use and you don’t need to download anything:
- Go to SmallPDF in a web browser. This opens SmallPDF’s Delete Pages from PDF tool. SmallPDF is a free online tool you can use to quickly remove pages from a PDF.
- Click CHOOSE FILE. It’s in the middle of the page.
- Select your PDF and click Open. This uploads your file to SmallPDF and displays the pages as thumbnails (small images).
- Hover your mouse cursor over a page you want to delete. You’ll see a few icons appear at the top of the thumbnail image.
- Click the trash icon on the page. It’s at the thumbnail’s top-right corner. This removes that page from the file. Repeat this step for all other pages you want to delete.
- Click APPLY CHANGES. It’s the blue-green button at the bottom-right corner. This removes the selected pages and displays a preview.
- Click Download to save the file. This saves the new version of the PDF to your computer.
Is Adobe Acrobat Pro a useful method
Adobe Acrobat is probably the most popular editor and reader for all kinds of files. It’s not free, but you can use the trial version for free:
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat. If you have the paid version of Adobe Acrobat (including Acrobat 2020, Acrobat DC, or Acrobat 2017), you can use it to remove pages from any PDF.
- If the PDF doesn’t open in Acrobat, right-click the file, choose Open with, and then select Acrobat.
- You could also get a full-featured trial version of Adobe Acrobat, which will cost you nothing at all for 7 days. To get the trial, visit Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Click Organize Pages. It’s in the right panel (in the secondary toolbar). You’ll now see thumbnails (small versions of each page) in the Document area.
- Select the page you want to delete. Clicking the thumbnail of the page you want to delete will select it.If you want to select multiple pages at once, click the Page Thumbnails button in the left panel to display thumbnails in a panel called “Page Thumbnails.” Then, press and hold Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) as you click each page you want to delete in that panel.
- Click the trash icon to delete the selected page(s). If you just selected one page, click the trash icon right next to it. If you selected multiple pages, click the trash icon at the top of the Page Thumbnails panel.
Is it worth to try Adobe Document Cloud on the Web
Also not a bad online service for editing Pdf:
- Go to Adobe’s PDF page deletion tool. You can access it in your web browser by visiting Adobe Acrobat.
- This tool is a part of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. If you have a subscription to Acrobat Pro, you can use this tool as much as you need. If you’re not a subscriber, you can sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Sign in with your Adobe account. If you don’t have an account, click Create an account to sign up now.
- Click the blue Select files button. It’s at the center of the page.
- Select your PDF and click Open. This uploads your PDF to Adobe’s servers and displays it as thumbnails (small images of each page).
- Select the page(s) you want to delete. To select multiple pages, hover your mouse over each page you want to delete, and then click the checkbox at its upper-left corner.
- Click the trash icon. It’s at the top of the page. This removes the selected pages from the document.
- Click the Save button. It’s at the top-right corner of the page. This saves the PDF file without the deleted pages.
Now you know more about how to edit your PDF and customize it.