The built-in Clock app on iOS is a very handy tool. It gives you the world time, a stopwatch, and, of course, an alarm clock. However, isn’t one of those apps that you probably care about or support. Because you can set as many alarms as you want, it can get out of hand quickly. Before you know it, you have 50 alarms, and you keep creating more instead of reusing, editing, or deleting the ones that are there.
Many users are used to waking up to a series of alarms on the iPhone. However, it often happens that a person wakes up quickly, and then is only regularly distracted by additional alarms. So, here’s how to delete all alarms in the Clock app on your iPhone in different ways.
How to delete all alarms on iPhone
Another annoying feature of the Clock app is that there is no easy way to open it and delete all your alarms in one fell swoop. Although it seems to be a basic feature, it’s currently not. If you want to delete all the alarms that exist in the Clock app, you’ll need Siri’s help:
- First of all, call Siri on your iPhone or iPad, then give a simple command: “Hello Siri, delete all my alarms”.
- Then, Siri will ask you if you are sure. Say or tap “Confirm”.
- Finally, you will see and hear Siri say to you, “Okay, no more alarms”, or something similar.
Once you have completed these steps, Siri has removed all the alarms in the Clock app for you.
Some users have had a problem with deleting all their alarms using Siri. This seems to occur if you have many, many alarms. If Siri replies “Sorry, something is wrong. Please try again”, then that’s exactly what you need to do. You may have noticed that some alarms have been removed, but not all of them. So, just continue the process until they are all eliminated.
How to delete individual alarms in the Clock app on iPhone
Of course, you can choose which alarms you want to delete in the Clock app if you like. And this tutorial wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t show you how to do it.
Open the Clock app and do one of the following:
- Swipe the alarm clock from right to left and tap “Delete”.
- Tap “Edit”, select the minus sign in red, then tap “Delete”.
- Tap “Edit”, select an alarm clock, and then tap “Delete Alarm Clock”.
If you are going to use the Clock app on your iPhone or iPad as an alarm clock, don’t let it get out of hand. You can edit alarms for different times and reuse them or simply delete the ones you will never use again.
If all else fails, at least now you know how to delete multiple unused alarms on your iPhone or iPad at the same time.
How to remove the alarm clock from the Apple Watch
You can do this through the Alarm Clock app on the Apple Watch. On the watch face, tap on the digital crown to go to the app menu and tap on the alarm clock. This will bring up a list of all the alerts you have set. And if you use the Apple Watch often, try not to be surprised by how many there are. Also, don’t try to remember when and what you installed.
Tap on the alarm you want, and then you will be taken to the edit screen. At the bottom, you can click Delete to clear it. Now, all you have to do is repeat this procedure for each alarm on the Apple Watch.
How to change the alarm sound on your iPhone
After some time has gone, the default alarm sound on your iPhone might stop waking you up every morning. Fortunately, it’s possible to change it. So, if you want to adjust the alarm’s sound, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the “Clock” app on your iPhone and choose the “Alarm” tab.
- After that, you should locate the alarm that should be adjusted. You should click on the “Edit” button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Then, you should choose the alarm you want to customize.
- Next, the alarm customization screen would be displayed. There you should tap on the “Sound” option.
- There would be two options to choose from: You can either use one of the available ringtones or choose a song from your phone’s audio library (or Apple Music).
- After that, you should scroll down to the “Ringtones” section and click on a ringtone to hear a preview and to choose it. In case, there’s no suitable sound for your alarm, it’s possible to choose the “Tone Store” button to browse ringtones from the iTunes Store that you can buy and download to your iPhone.
- If you don’t like one of the available ringtones, you should head to the “Songs” section and click on “Pick a Song.”
- From the next screen, you can choose to look through your library, or you can directly search for a song. After that song has been located, you should click to select it.
- When then step above has been completed, you should click on the “Back” button.
- To complete the process, you should click on “Save” to save your alarm with the custom sound.
The next time your alarm rings, you’ll be woken up with your new customized ringtone.