Today, setting up a remote control for video streaming is one of the important tasks so that you can easily enjoy watching your favorite movies and shows on TV. Fortunately, if you use the Fire Stick to stream your favorite shows and movies, you can reduce the number of remote controls and game controllers in your room.
According to which model of Fire Stick you have, you may have a remote control that already has the ability to adjust the volume. In this article, we’ll take a look at all the options you have for controlling the Fire Stick to control the volume.
Amazon Fire Stick remote with volume control buttons
If you own the 4th generation of the Amazon Fire Stick, you should be very lucky. Because it was this generation that introduced the volume up, volume down, and volume mute buttons, as well as the TV power button. In case your remote control model does not have these buttons, you can always purchase a new generation remote control model that will support the version of your device.
How to pair the Fire Stick remote for volume control
You don’t need to use complicated wiring to pair your new remote control with the device. On the contrary, it is very simple. And here’s how to do it:
- First of all, navigate to “Settings”;
- Select “Equipment Control” and on the appearing screen select “TV”;
- After that, the new screen will open with a question “What brand of TV do you have?”;
- Choose the appropriate brand;
- Press the Power button to turn off your TV and wait for 10 seconds;
- Press the Power button again;
- Then, you will be asked, “Did your TV turn off and then back on when you pressed the Power button?”
- Select “Yes”, if it worked. Note, you may need to try and pair the remote several times for it to work;
- Try turning up the volume. The device will play the music so you can check;
- If the volume has changed, tap “Yes”. If not, tap “No” and try the setting again.
Follow the prompts to complete the setup, after setting up the remote control you will be asked about the input TV settings.
You can also use voice control and use Alexa voice assistant to control the volume.
Featured image credit: Amazon Fire TV