The Nintendo Switch is a really special device. If you’re a fan of gaming, you’re definitely excited about the fact that you can play it wherever you are. The Switch’s portability not only allows you to use it on the go, but it also allows you to play along with you, thanks to the optional controller. However, in order to enjoy games on the Nintendo Switch, you need to connect it to your WiFi network.
Connecting it to your home network is not a difficult process, but if you’re staying in a hotel and want to connect the Nintendo Switch to your hotel WiFi network, the process can be a bit tricky. That’s because you’ll have to configure the Nintendo Switch for each new WiFi connection, especially if the hotel WiFi also asks for a password through an additional browser login. And if you’re one of those people who frequently travel to different places, you may find it difficult to connect the Nintendo Switch to the hotel WiFi.
Anyway, if you are looking for a workaround to connect your Nintendo Switch to hotel WiFi, here is how to do that.
How to connect Nintendo Switch to a hotel WiFi
If you want to connect your Nintendo Switch to a hotel WiFi, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, turn on your Nintendo Switch.
- Then, tap on the “System Settings” icon at the bottom of the main screen.
- Scroll down in the left section and navigate to the “Internet” option.
- After that, tap on the “Internet Settings” option on the right side of the screen.
- Now, your device start searching for all available networks.
- Choose an appropriate WiFi network and tap on it.
- The warning box should appear. Tap “Enter”. In this case you will be prompted to enter a PIN-code to disable parental control.
- After you enter the PIN in the specified fields, you will be taken to a screen where you will see that the device is trying to connect to the Internet. You will need to wait for the connection process to complete.
- If the “Registration is required to use this network” message appears during connection, tap “Next”.
- Then, the “The security certificate for this page could not be confirmed. Allow access to this page” message should appear.
- In the tooltip you will see a warning “Not recommended”, but if you want to continue, you need to tap “Allow”.
- You will go to the next page, where you will be prompted to enter your user name and password in the provided fields.
- Tap “Log In” and wait until your network device successfully connects to the Internet.
- Tap “OK” and return to the “Internet” section of “System Settings”.
- Finally, tap the “Test Connection” button and wait for the connection test to complete.
Once you have completed these steps, you should see the “Connection test successful” message on the screen. This means that you are done. Now, your Nintendo Switch is successfully connected to the WiFi network of the hotel and you can enjoy your favorite games.