After you lose your LG Smart TV remote, it can be still operated by Alexa. The voice assistant will allow you to control your TV with voice commands.
All LG OLED, UHD, and NanoCell TVs with webOS 4.0 TVs were manufactured in 2019 and later have Amazon Alexa built into the devices. LG TVs work well with Alexa due to a built-in technology known as ThinQ.
LG ThinQ interprets voice commands and makes your TV do exactly what you ask. Keep in mind that Alexa should be connected to your Smart TV if you want to start using voice control.
You should launch the Alexa App and open an Amazon account to be able to pair your TV. In this guide, we’ll show you how to pair Alexa with your LG Smart TV.
How to connect Alexa to LG Smart TV
To connect Alexa to your LG Smart TV, you should do the following steps:
Download the Alexa app from LG Content Store
The first step is to install the Alexa app from LG Content Store. You should follow the steps below:
- First, you should click and hold the Prime Video button on your remote for two seconds.
- Then, the LG Content Store will be opened.
- After that, you should search for the Alexa app and install it.
Connect your Alexa to your Amazon account
To do that, you should:
- First. you should open the Alexa app on your device.
- After that, you should choose the button labeled Setup Alexa on the app.
- Then, you will see a link to a website and a code displayed.
- Use your mobile device or computer to open the website.
- In the end, you should type in the code you see on your TV.
You can now use Alexa on your TV. However, first, you need to add Alexa Skills to your LG Smart TV.
How to add Alexa Skills on LG Smart TV
To do that you should do the following steps:
- First, you should install the Alexa app.
- After that, you should tap Skills tab from the Menu.
- Search for LG ThinQ.
- Select LG ThinQ – Complete.
- Choose the “Enable” option.
- Sign in with your LG account.
If you don’t have an account, consider creating one from the LG website.
What can Alexa do on LG TV
Alexa provides a range of interesting features on your Smart TV. Those features can be used to:
- Turn your TV ON or OFF.
- Turn the Volume Up or Down.
- Set the Volume to a specific number.
- Mute or Unmute the TV.
- Change the channel.
- Control Video Playback by playing, pausing, fast forward, or rewinding a video.
You can also use it to switch input to HDMI on the TV or set the TV top set-top box.
Which LG TVs have Alexa built-in
The LG TVs that have Alexa built-in are W8, E8, C8, B8, B8S, SK95, SK90, SK80, UK77, UK65, UK63, UK62, LK61, and LK54. If your TV was manufactured after 2019, it should have LG ThinQ and Alexa.
Why Alexa app isn’t in the LG content store
In some cases, the Alexa App isn’t available in the LG Content Store. This may be because you could be using a device that isn’t compatible with Alexa. In that case, consider upgrading your TV.
Why Alexa isn’t discovering LG TV
If Alexa isn’t discovering your LG TV, it may be because you have skipped the registration step. This step is essential for Alexa to work. Here’s how to overcome the problem, if you have faced it:
- First, click on the Home button on the remote control.
- Then, install the “Set Up TV for Alexa” app on your TV.
- After that, follow the setup guide on your TV to complete TV registration.
You can create an LG account from settings. To do that you should:
- Go to Settings.
- Click General.
- Tap on Account Management.
All in all, as you may see, Alexa isn’t complicated in usage.