With the emergence of many different streaming services, their unique shows began to appear. Many of them are really high quality. These are shows that are most often produced exclusively for a particular streaming service. From time to time, of course, there are failed shows that get low ratings, and few people like them. Viewing any show on a streaming service is recorded in your viewing history. If you like to watch all kinds of special shows or just don’t want anyone to know about your preferences, it can be useful to delete your viewing history from time to time.
This feature is available on all streaming platforms. Hulu is no exception.
How to delete individual shows and movies from Hulu watch history on a browser
If you’ve finished watching a show on Hulu and you don’t want your friends or family to see that show in your Hulu account search history, you can delete a particular show from your Hulu account while keeping all other shows. It’s very easy to do, all you have to do is:
- Open the Hulu website in your preferred browser on your Mac and PC
- Scroll down to the bottom of the home page until you see “Keep Watching”
- Then you need to find the show you want to erase from the list
- Hover your mouse over it and click the “X” at the bottom of the pop-up menu
- A popup window will open confirming your action. You will be informed that this will reset the progress of the watch
- You only need to click on the black “OK” button
How to delete individual shows and movies from Hulu watch history on a mobile device
If you don’t have a PC at hand or just use the mobile version of the Hulu app, you can also delete shows from your watch history quickly and easily with your Android device or iPhone. To do this you need to:
- Open the Hulu app on your iPhone or Android device
- Sign in to your account if necessary
- Swipe down to “Keep Watching“
- You will find three dots in the upper right corner of the desired show. Click on them
- Select “Remove from Watch History” to erase it
How to delete the whole Watch History
If your goal is to make sure no one sees your entire watch history, it’s also possible and pretty easy to do. To do this you need to:
- Open the Hulu app
- Click on your profile in the upper right corner of the Hulu homepage.
- Click on “Account“
- At this point you may be asked to enter your password
- On your account page, scroll down to the “Privacy And Settings” section
- Click on the “California Privacy Rights” option
- On the next page, just under “Manage Activity” check the “Watch History” box
- After that, just click on the black “Clear Selected” button
- This will open a pop-up message in front of you to confirm your decision. Click “Clear” to complete the process
Remember that you will not be able to return your watch history after this. This will also erase all progress of your shows. Be careful before deleting.