Have you ever gone home after work and couldn’t find your Sceptre TV remote control? If you find yourself in this situation regularly, we are somewhat similar. I have long ago found alternative methods of controlling my Sceptre TV in case I lose the remote again.
Not to intrigue you for long, you can use the buttons on the TV itself, your smartphone, or special universal devices to control your TV to control your Sceptre TV.
This may sound confusing, but let’s break down each method in detail below.
What to do to change the input source on Sceptre TV using TV buttons
If you find yourself without a TV remote, don’t worry! Sceptre TVs usually have built-in buttons on the unit that allow you to navigate the menu and change input sources. To change the input source using the TV buttons, follow these steps:
- Locate the physical buttons on your Sceptre TV. These are usually located on the side or bottom of the TV panel.
- Look for the “Input” or “Source” buttons among the TV buttons. Press it to access the input source menu.
- Use the volume or channel buttons to navigate through the available input sources.
- Once you’ve highlighted the desired input source, press the “OK” or “Enter” button to confirm the selection.
You can easily change the input source on your Sceptre TV without the remote by utilizing the TV buttons. This method provides a convenient solution when the remote is unavailable or not functioning.
What to do to change the input source on Sceptre TV using your smartphones
There is also a way to control your Sceptre TV using your smartphone. However, this method is only suitable for owners of smartphones with an IR sensor. You can download a special Sceptre app and use it. If you do not have a Sceptre sensor, you must use the following method.
Sceptre offers a mobile app called “Remote for Sceptre TV” to control your TV using your smartphone. To change the input source using your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Download and install the “Remote for Sceptre TV” app from the Google Play app store for your Android smartphone.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your smartphone to your Sceptre TV.
- Once connected, navigate to the input source section within the app.
- Select the desired input source from the list provided and confirm your selection.
It is also worth noting that if you own Sceptre TV with Android TV, you can use other universal Android TV apps to control your TV. You can find many of them; in this case, you will only need to connect your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. You don’t need IR sensors in that case.
What else can you do to change the input source on Sceptre TV
If you don’t have access to the TV buttons or a smartphone, you can try the following methods to change the input source on your Sceptre TV:
- Universal Remote: Purchase a universal remote compatible with Sceptre TVs and follow the instructions to program it for your specific TV model. Once programmed, you can use the universal remote to change the input source.
- HDMI-CEC: If your Sceptre TV and connected devices support HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), enabling this feature allows your TV to automatically switch to the appropriate input source when you power on the connected device.
While the TV buttons and smartphone app are the primary methods to change the input source on your Sceptre TV without the remote, other alternatives, such as a universal remote or HDMI-CEC, can also provide solutions depending on your specific circumstances.
How to change the input source on Sceptre TV using remote
Let me also tell you how to switch the source using the polt (whether you found the original or replaced it with a universal remote). It will be useful for you to better navigate in the menu of your Sceptre TV.
Depending on the specific TV model, Sceptre TVs offer different instructions for changing the input source using the remote. Here are the instructions for three TV categories: Sceptre LED HDTV, Sceptre 4K UHD TV, and Sceptre Android TV.
On the HDTV remote:
- Locate and press the SOURCE button on the remote control, and the TV screen will display various input sources.
- Use the Arrow keys on the remote control to navigate and select the preferred input source from the options shown.
- Confirm your selection by pressing the ENTER button on the remote control.
On the 4 UHD Smart TV remote:
- Find and press the INPUT button on the remote control.
- The TV screen will show the input source menu. Utilize the Arrow keys on the remote control to highlight and select the desired input source from the available options.
- Confirm your selection by pressing the ENTER button on the remote control.
On the Android TV remote:
- Press the Home button on the remote control.
- Use the Arrow keys on the remote control to scroll up to the top of the screen, where the Menu appears.
- Within the Menu, look for the Input section and select it.
- Once in the Input section, press OK on the remote control to access the available input options.
- Use the Arrow keys to highlight and select the desired input source, then press OK to confirm the selection.
Please note that these instructions may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your Sceptre TV. Refer to your TV’s user manual for the most accurate and detailed instructions for changing the input source using the remote control.
By following these instructions, you can easily change the input source on your Sceptre TV using the remote control, ensuring a smooth and convenient viewing experience.
What input sources have your Sceptre TV
Sceptre TVs typically offer a range of input sources to accommodate various devices and connectivity options. While specific models may vary, here are some common input sources found on Sceptre TVs:
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface): HDMI ports are the most commonly used input sources on Sceptre TVs. They allow you to connect gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, streaming devices, set-top boxes, and computers. HDMI provides high-quality digital audio and video signals in a single cable.
- USB (Universal Serial Bus): Sceptre TVs often feature USB ports that enable you to connect USB storage devices, such as flash drives or external hard drives. You can use these ports to access media files like photos, videos, and music directly on your TV.
- AV Composite: AV Composite inputs consist of three color-coded cables: red, white, and yellow. They are typically used for analog connections, allowing you to connect devices like DVD players, VCRs, or older gaming consoles.
- Component: Component inputs on Sceptre TVs use three video cables, usually colored red, green, and blue. These inputs provide higher-quality analog video signals and are commonly used to connect older gaming consoles, DVD players, or devices that support component video.
- Antenna/Cable: Sceptre TVs feature an input source for connecting an antenna or cable TV signal. This allows you to receive over-the-air broadcasts or cable TV channels directly on your TV.
- Optical Audio: Some Sceptre TV models come equipped with an optical audio input, also known as a TOSLINK or SPDIF input. This input allows you to connect devices that support optical audio connections, such as soundbars or home theater systems.
- Other Inputs: Depending on the specific model, your Sceptre TV may offer additional input sources such as HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel), Ethernet (for internet connectivity), a headphone jack, or SD card slots.
It’s important to note that the availability of input sources may vary depending on your specific Sceptre TV model. Please refer to your TV’s user manual or check the manufacturer’s specifications for a comprehensive list of input sources supported by your Sceptre TV.