Many people like to distract themselves after a hard day’s work by watching their favorite shows, movies, etc. Netflix has become one of the most accessible with its huge library and affordable prices for most people. Everyone has probably heard by now how Netflix has even become part of the culture and has earned great popularity among viewers thanks to its projects.
To enjoy Netflix’s content, you are offered a plan that starts at $8.99 per month, rising to $17.99 per month if you want Ultra HD footage and multiple accounts per subscription. That way, you get legal access to lots of shows and movies.
But there are times when you might get tired of watching TV and have a better way of spending your time. If you don’t want to overpay for most of your TV time, you can always unsubscribe from Netflix. You can do it from any device. Below will be described several methods of how to do it through iOS and other devices.
How to unsubscribe from Netflix via the iOS
Unfortunately, it will not be possible to do this through the app, but if you prefer, you can do it through a browser. For example, Safari or Chrome. When you go to the home page of Netflix in your browser, do not forget to change the page mode to desktop. This way you can more easily perform the actions described in this guide:
- Tap the three vertical lines in the upper right-hand corner and tap Account
- Scroll down the page and tap Cancel Membership
- Confirm the cancellation
When you unsubscribe, you will receive an email notification. The good news is that you can still use the service as before until the date of your next subscription. But when the billing date comes, you will have to give up your previous benefits. To check your billing date, go to your Account Settings and look under ‘Membership.’ The next billing date will be listed.
How to cancel Netflix subscription if payment via 3rd party service
Quite often many people sign up for Netflix through third-party services such as Amazon, iTunes, your ISP, or even another service. The thing is that when you want to cancel your subscription, Netflix won’t let you do it, because your payment method and other information are linked to the service from which you signed up for Netflix. To unsubscribe from Netflix in this case, you must do it directly through the service from which you registered.
Canceling Netflix Through iTunes
- For those who signed up using iTunes, you can cancel by opening the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top, then tap Subscriptions. From here, locate the Netflix subscription and cancel it
Canceling Netflix Through Amazon
- Amazon subscribers can visit the Memberships and Subscriptions page to cancel their Netflix service
- Click the Advanced Controls option and choose the option to cancel
How to change Netflix plan via iTunes
But if you’re still wondering whether to cancel your subscription or keep it, the best way is to lower your plan so you don’t have to pay too much and still have access to Netflix.
If you own an iPhone or iPad, you probably have an iTunes subscription. In this case, you can change the plan through your device.
Still, those who became Netflix members before 5/10/2014 need to cancel their accounts first and then choose a new payment method after their billing date
- Log in to your Netflix account on your mobile device
- Once you’re on your home screen, select the Settings icon
- Tap on your user name and then open iTunes & App Store
- Locate your Apple ID and tap to view it. Log in with your Apple credentials, if asked
- Select Subscriptions to view them all and find Netflix on the list
- Pick the plan you want to switch to and tap Confirm in the pop-up dialogue box
- You can now see your new subscription plan on your account
And that is all on how to manage your Netflix subscription or change your current plan. Whatever your reason for canceling your subscription, you can still use the Netflix trial version. Don’t forget about this feature, and maybe you’ll see if you want to continue using Netflix or not.