If an LG TV is LED, LEDs have a lifespan between 40,000 to 60,000 hours or 4.5 to 6.8 years. Let’s say it’s between 5 and 7 years, with the understanding that you aren’t watching TV for 24 hours a day.
Overall, the LG has a well-earned reputation for high-quality designs and great picture quality, whether it’s on mid-range systems like LG Nano cell or LG QNED TVs, or budget-friendly models, like LG UHD models, which use basic LCD panels.
People who own an LG TV, after some time of usage may notice that their TV is not as bright as it used to be. Or maybe you just bought a new model, but the screen seems to be too dark. Whatever the situation, a TV that’s not bright enough can be difficult to watch. Low brightness levels decrease the viewer’s depth perception and contrast, which has consequences as blurry or unfocused images.
Whether you are watching in a dark room or just want to make your picture crisper, this article will give you some tips on how to increase the brightness of your LG TV.
How to turn up the brightness on an LG Smart TV
LG Smart TVs are considered to produce quality images and provide a user-friendly settings interface that helps you to tweak just about anything you want. The usage of these devices is quite simple, as it is equipped with several intelligent features. For example, you can control your TV just by using your voice.
One of the best things about LG Smart TVs is that they have features designed to help you save energy.
By default, your TV automatically scans the immediate environment for ambient light and then the screen brightness is automatically adjusted due to this. As the amount of ambient light increases, your TV’s brightness goes down, thereby helping you to save energy.
The problem with this feature is that your TV’s brightness levels will keep on changing all day long. It can sometimes make your screen too dark and ruin your viewing experience.
On the other hand, your TV’s energy-saving mode can be simply turned off and locked in a consistent brightness level that reflects your preference and taste.
To do that you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open the Settings section of your TV
- Then, tap on “All Settings”.
- After that, you should choose “Picture”.
- Then select “Energy Saving” At this point, a pop-up submenu will be displayed on your right displaying all the Energy Saving settings available.
- In the end, choose “Off” and then tap on “Close” In this way will turn off your TV’s Energy Saving feature and reset its brightness to a standard, constant level.
How to turn up brightness on a traditional LG LED/LCD TV
Traditional LED/LCD TV models may not be provided with any intelligent features, but they do have an easy-to-use settings section that can be accessed through just a few clicks on your remote.
To turn up your LG TV’s brightness if it’s an LED/LCD model you should do the following steps:
- First, click the Settings button on your remote. At this point, you should see a list of icons on the left side of your screen.
- Then, you should scroll down and select “All Settings”.
- Tap on “Picture”.
- After that, you should click on the “Picture Mode” option. After doing that a new screen where you can adjust all individual picture settings, including sharpness, color, contrast, and brightness, will be opened.
- Next, you should move the slider button next to “Brightness” toward the right in order to turn up your TV’s brightness.
So, LG has thought about the convenience of their users. All in all, turning up brightness is not as hard as you may think.