Hulu is a streaming platform founded in 2007. This service is available in the U.S. and on U.S. military bases. If you hear of someone using Hulu outside those areas, that person is probably using a VPN. Since Hulu isn’t available everywhere, a VPN is really the only way to access the streaming platform.
Hulu, like other streaming platforms, allows users to watch popular TV shows in streaming mode. It owes its popularity to, The Walt Disney Company, which became the owner of a significant stake in Hulu in 2009.
This streaming service specializes in streaming new TV shows from many popular studios. Hulu has a wealth of original content. Many of the shows streamed on this platform have been awarded Golden Globes or Emmys. If you start using Hulu, you’ll get access to new shows much sooner than on other platforms.
How to download and activate Hulu on your Android TV
Another advantage of Hulu is that the service is available for use on all devices, which also includes Android TV. To install the app on your device and start using it, you only need to perform the following actions:
- First, turn on your Android TV. Make sure your internet connection is stable before you continue.
- On your TV, open the home screen and select Google Play Store.
- Using the search bar, find Hulu in the Google Play Store. To do this, type the name of the app in the bar and select the app we want from the search results.
- Go to the page of the app in the Google Play Store and click on “Install”. The app will appear among other downloaded apps on your device.
After installing Hulu on Android TV, you will need to activate it. To do this, do the following:
- Once you finally downloaded the app, open it. The activation code will appear on the screen.
- Open the browser on your device and go to http://hulu.com/activate. You can also do this on your PC or phone, the main thing is to follow this link specifically.
- Once you open the site, enter the activation code and click “Continue”.
- Log in to watch Hulu streaming on your TV.
- Open the Hulu app on your Android TV.
How to create Hulu account
If you don’t have a Hulu account, it won’t be a problem to register. In order to create a Hulu account, you need:
- First, go to hulu.com/welcome.
- Then find “Log in” button in upper right corner. Tap on it and a pop-up window will appear.
- There, click on “Start Your Free Trial” button. You will find it at the bottom of the window.
- Clicking the button will take you to the paid subscription selection. Choose one of the three standard subscriptions available there: Hulu (ad-supported), Hulu (No Ads), Hulu + Live TV.
- After selecting a plan, you will be taken to a page with fields to fill in. Enter your email, password, name, date of birth, and gender in the appropriate fields. After that, click “Continue” to confirm.
- Next, select the method of payment and enter the necessary information to connect this method.
If you don’t like using the Hulu service, you can cancel it without any fee before the trial period expires. The trial period is 7 days long. To do this, you need to:
- On the Hulu site page, in the upper right corner, click on the account icon.
- Once there, scroll down the page and find “Cancel your subscription”.
- Click on the “Cancel” button there.
- You will then be prompted to suspend your subscription. If you’re not interested, click on “Continue to Cancel”.
- Write down the reason you don’t want to continue using Hulu.
- Hulu may also offer you a one-month free subscription. If this doesn’t convince you to stay, click “Cancel subscription” and complete the process.
This way, you can test whether Hulu is right for you without having to pay a single coin for it. It would also be useful for you if you want to watch an exclusive series but aren’t interested in using the service in the future.