Today Uber is already known not only for its cab service but also for its food delivery service. Almost everyone who hears the word Uber now is likely to treat any service of this company with confidence. After all, they are now one of the most popular and in demand. People trust Uber drivers more than they trust ordinary cabs.
The same goes for food delivery. The service from Uber, which focuses on food delivery, is called Uber Eats. You can order delivery of your favorite dishes from almost every restaurant.
Uber Eats is a popular way to order food from restaurants and cafes that don’t have their own delivery service. As Uber Eats began entering markets where credit and debit cards are not the preferred method of payment, the company started to allow cash payments in some areas.
Uber Eats started to accept cash in 2017 as part of a pilot program in Mumbai. After that, the program has expanded to other cities in India, Latin America, and Africa.
In the U.S. and other regions, on the other hand, Uber Eats cash payment is not available, although users can pay with a PayPal or Uber Cash account. PayPal eliminates the need for a credit or debit card, but users must have a confirmed bank account.
So, in this article, we are going to tell you how to pay cash in Uber Ears.
How to pay cash in Uber Eats
If you want to pay only cash in Uber Eats, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Uber Eats app on your iPhone or Android device;
- Then, go to your profile in the bottom right corner and tap “Wallet”;
- After that, tap “Add Payment Method”;
- Now, you have to be aware that if a cash payment method is accepted in your region, you are able to choose “Cash” as an option. But if it is not available, this method will not appear on your screen under payment methods;
- Finally, once you’ve selected “Cash”, tap “OK” to save changes.
How to pay cash in Uber Eats using Uber Cash or PayPal
If you live in the U.S. or another country where paying cash in Uber Ears is not available, you can always pay with PayPal. To do this, you have to link your PayPal account to your Uber Eats account:
- Go to your profile and tap “Payment”;
- After that, select “PayPal”;
- Finally, sign in to your PayPal account and start using a food delivery service.
If you don’t have PayPal, you can also use Uber Cash. Uber Cash can be deposited with a credit or debit card or a PayPal account. The money can be credited to your account by Uber Support through promotional credit (e.g. for referring friends and relatives), an Uber gift card, or Amex Premium Benefits.
If you want to purchase Uber Cash, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Uber app on your iPhone or Android device;
- Then, go to your profile at the bottom right corner of the screen;
- After that, tap “Add Funds”.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can purchase Uber Cash, which you can use for Uber Eats.
If you are placing an order for Uber Eats, make sure that Uber Cash is included as a payment method. If another method is selected, you can switch to Uber Cash by clicking “Uber Cash” in the “Payment” section of your profile.