Labels in Google Maps are used to show what you need to know about a location. You can create different lists of labels to add places to visit. Labels also serve as information centers for hours of operation, directions, and reviews.
Thus, Google Maps is a fairly versatile service because labels are easy to manage. You can remove custom labels that you don’t need from your lists. You can do this using any device.
What to do to delete your labels in Google Maps using a browser?
When you use Google Maps and regularly select the same address in the line, this is saved automatically. By default, if you use your home and work address frequently, it will be saved and be a label. Along with this, you can make your labels. In case you want to delete them you need to follow these steps:
- The first step to removing your label is to open Google Maps in your browser.
- Then after that, you need to click on the three bars icon on the main page.
- Next step you need to select ‘Your places’ from the list.
- After that, select ‘Labeled’ in the top panel.
- Then hover over the desired address and click on the remove icon.
After these steps, your saved labels won’t appear in Google Maps. This way you can clear all locations that were previously added or remove unused locations.
- 3D aerial photos of famous landmarks are now available on Google Maps
- How to get GPS coordinates for a location on Google Maps
- How to check traffic to work or home using Google Maps
What to do to hide all default labels in Google Maps using a browser?
After you open maps or specify a location, you will see quite a few different labels. All of these default labels that are placed on the map are used to help you navigate around the area. So there are labels on the map with the names of all the streets, stores, parks, schools, companies, factories, and everything else. You can remove all labels from the map so that there is only a map of the area. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step to hiding all default labels is to open Google Maps in your browser.
- After that in the lower left corner click on ‘Layers’.
- Then after that, you need to click on ‘More’, then you will open more options.
- Next, you need to uncheck the ‘Labels’ section.
After these steps, no location names will appear on your map. You will only see the boundaries of roads, streets, and buildings. In order to add labels to your map, repeat all the steps.
What to do to delete your labels in Google Maps using an iPhone?
Using an iPhone the situation is much different if you want to delete labels in Google Maps. The Google Maps mobile app doesn’t allow you to hide the standard labels that are placed by default. You cannot in the mobile version remove all names on any location to get only roads, streets, and only buildings maps.
However, despite this, you can use the iPhone and the mobile version of Google Maps to manage your labels created. That is, you can create and delete existing labels only those that you have added yourself. These labels will also appear in the mobile app if you have been driving in one direction for a long time and Google Maps will use that location by default. In order to delete your labels in Google Maps using an iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step to delete your labels using an iPhone is to open the Google Maps app on your iPhone.
- Then after that select ‘Saved’ on the home page in the middle of the bottom panel.
- After that you will open your list where you need to select ‘Labelled’.
- Then click on the three dots in front of the desired location.
- From the selected options click on ‘Remove‘.
At this point, you can’t only delete, but also change and edit. So if you need to make edits to a label you’ve created, you can also edit it instead of deleting it.