The use of wireless devices has long been commonplace for many users. Various Bluetooth headsets or speakers, as well as various watches or, for example, Bluetooth fitness trackers.
You can actually connect most of your smart devices to your phone using wireless Bluetooth technology. It can be done quite quickly and conveniently.
But what if you’re out with a friend and you want to let them listen to your favorite song? In the past, you could simply give them one of your earphones. But many users have begun to wonder if it is possible to connect two pairs of headphones to the iPhone at once.
Is it possible to listen to music using two pairs of headphones on one iPhone
If you want to share your headphones with a friend in order to listen to music together e.g. in a busy airport or in a cafe, previously you had to give him one of your earmolds. However, this nuisance is a thing of the past thanks to a new function in your iPhone.
Not so long ago, Apple introduced a feature called Audio Sharing. This feature allows you to connect two pairs of headphones to one device and use them to listen to the same audio track at the same time.
The cool thing about this feature is that when you use it, both users can have separate volume controls. So if you like to listen to music at low volume, and your friend always turns the volume up to maximum, it won’t be a problem for you.
This feature was released without much publicity. It was simply added to iOS 13. Apple said in a statement that “With the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, you and your friend can listen with AirPods or wireless Beats headphones to audio from your iPhone or iPad.
How to use the Audio Sharing feature
To use this feature you need to have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with you. Also, this function will only work correctly with certain headphones: AirPods, AirPods Max, AirPods Pro or Beats.
Further, the use of this function is quite simple. You just need to:
- First, connect the headphones to your Apple device. In the case of AirPods, it’s pretty easy to do. You just need to open the case near your Apple device and the headphones themselves will attach to it.
- Next, open the control center, to do this you need:
- Swipe up from the bottom for iPhone 8 or earlier.
- Swipe down from the top right corner for an iPhone X or later.
- In the control center, you can find the AirPlay icon next to the track you’re playing. (This icon will also be available on your lock screen or in the app playing the track).
- Then you need to click on the Share Audio button.
- If your friend has AirPods or AirPods Pro, bring them close to your device by holding the AirPods inside the case with the cover open, or if they use AirPods Max, just bring them close to your device.
- Your friend’s headphones will now appear on your device’s screen. Just tap on Share Audio to start sharing.
You can use the corresponding buttons in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad to change the volume, play or pause the audio.
To increase or decrease the volume, simply move the slider for one of the pairs of headphones. You can also drag the volume slider at the bottom to control the volume of both headphones.
If you want to stop sharing, just touch the AirPlay icon and click on the checkbox next to the headphones to stop sharing.
Can you use Audio Sharing with Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV at home and want to watch a show or movie with a friend at night, but you don’t want to wake up the neighbors, you can connect your headphones to the receiver and thus watch the content in silence to the people around you.
It’s pretty easy to do. You need to press and hold the Home button on the Siri Remote to open Control Center and then select Audio Control.
Swipe down to Headphones, then select the headphones you want to use. Select Share Audio, then follow the on-screen instructions to pair the second pair of headphones.