Minecraft has long been a modern classic. I think it’s hard to find anyone who hasn’t heard of this genius game. You’ve probably heard of it, even if you’ve never played Minecraft. It became a real hit, especially among children and teenagers. It is not surprising that after the game’s release by Meinkraft, the company concentrated on the spread this game on as many devices and platforms as possible. Moreover, if earlier versions on different platforms differed, all versions are the same and can even cross-play.
Because of this, many new users have a lot of questions about the functioning of Minecraft and the tools associated with it. For example, some users do not understand how they can find screenshots of Minecraft on their Mac. In fact, in the case of the Mac, the instructions for accessing the folder with screenshots are a bit confusing. Let’s figure out how you can take screenshots and where you can find them afterward using your Mac.
How to take Minecraft screenshots on Mac
First, let’s see how you can take screenshots in MeInkraft. You will need this to create a folder with screenshots of Minecraft. You can take screenshots differently on different platforms; let’s look at the instructions for Mac first and then for all other desktop platforms. If you are only interested in information about where the screenshot is, you can skip to the next section of the article. To take a screenshot on the Mac, you’ll need the following:
- In the case of the Mac, you will need to press the essential combination CMD + SHIFT + 4. This combination can also be used with other games or applications.
- If you have a Windows PC, you must press F2 or use the combination Windows Key + Print Screen Button simultaneously.
- If you’re using Windows with the Xbox Game Bar, you can press Windows + G and then click on the camera icon.
You can also take screenshots on mobile devices or game consoles using the special keys on your gamepad or a combination of the volume and power keys on your smartphone or tablet. Note that screenshots are saved in a different location on each different platform. Let’s take a closer look at this.
How to find Minecraft screenshots on Mac
Let’s take a look at where are the screenshots that make it Minecraft and what you can make using the tools built into the client with Minecraft. Access to these screenshots will be a little unobvious for new users. To find these screenshots, you’ll need the following:
- Open Minecraft and log in to your client to the home screen.
- Here, click on Options.
- Next, you’ll need to click the Resource Packs button… on the left side next to the Done button.
- After that, click on the Open resource pack folder. This will open a folder of files for your game.
- However, the thing is that the folder with the screenshots will be hidden. Select the button with a 3-column box on the toolbar to see all the available folders.
- Then, when you see three columns with different folders in front of you, find the folder Screenshots. This folder will contain the screenshots taken by the game.
As you can see, access to the folder with screenshots in Minecraft is not very obvious and may require many additional steps. As I mentioned above, if you’re using a different platform, the instructions will be different there, so this guide only works with the Mac version of Minecraft.
What alternative way to find Minecraft screenshots
Let’s look at how you can find your screenshots without using the game Minecraft itself. Screenshots are often saved in a different place than I described above. Besides that, to open the folder with the screenshots, you can navigate to it. You don’t need to run the game and do the trick from the last instruction. Alternative methods of accessing screenshots are as follows:
Open the path to the folder of screenshots
The easiest way is to navigate through the folder to the folder you need. To do this, you must go to the following path:
Library > Application > Minecraft > Screenshots. Also, the path can be as follows:
Library > Application Support > Minecraft> screenshots. You should try both of these paths and find the one that will work on your Mac. This is where screenshots should be stored in PNG format.
On the desktop
Also, some users have noted that when they make screenshots in Minecraft, they notice that they are saved on the desktop for some reason. Most likely, it is a bug in the screen capture feature; however, if you find the folder with screenshots empty, you should examine the desktop; maybe the screenshots are there.