YouTube is now rightfully considered the most popular video platform. Its history was such that YouTube was one of the first popular and free platforms for viewing and posting video content. Due to the fact that probably everyone already knows about YouTube, its YouTube TV app and YouTube Music are used by people almost every day for different purposes.
Probably every modern device is now sold in stores with a built-in YouTube app because the platform is considered a basic need for almost everyone nowadays – because there’s everything from children’s content to useful videos on any topic. So if you can’t find how to install YouTube on Apple TV or if you can’t install it at all, there are answers below.
Why YouTube is the best option to watch in your free time
To begin with, it’s a completely free platform, although if you want to not bother with ads, YouTube suggests of course pay for a subscription (YouTube Premium), a monthly payment will be $ 11.99. Plus this subscription is that you’ll not have ads, you can download videos, watch them offline, and there’s a YouTube Music package, which you can use as Spotify and other similar apps (also without ads). Moreover, you can try it for free for a month. Also, a student or family subscription can be an economical option.
Secondly, you can use YouTube very easily – the interface is mega-friendly and all video content is selected for you based on previously watched videos and subscriptions. You can filter it too, create and delete playlists, customize the appearance of the page, etc. Moreover, the YouTube Kids category is an ideal option to keep your (or not your) kids occupied for the whole evening.
It should also be mentioned that you can also make real money on YouTube. Just create content that you like, regularly upload videos to your profile (which, by the way, is synchronized with Google+ and your email), and thus you can even become a video blogger.
- How to delete YouTube account
- How to report inappropriate content on YouTube
- How to fix YouTube error 400 on Android devices
Is there an option to watch YouTube via Apple TV
Actually, the YouTube app has to be a default option on every modern Apple TV (except of 3rd gen Apple TV). Hence, it’s quite a straightforward procedure that you can try in order to get a YouTube app on your Apple TV.
However, if you need to get a YouTube that is connected to your Google+ account and have access to all your subcriptionss and watch history this is the best thing you can do via mobile device:
- First off, download the YouTube app on your Apple TV, if you haven’t already. To do so, open the App Store on your set-top box → search for the app, and download it.
- Keep your mobile device on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Now, sign in to the YouTube app on your phone.
- Next, head over to the Sign-in screen in the YouTube app on your TV.
- After that, the app will automatically search for your mobile device. Once they’ve been connected, you’ll get a message on your mobile screen “Tap to begin TV sign in.”
- Tap Continue as Your name.
- And the last step – on the “Allow Account Access” screen, choose Allow.
In order to sign in via PC or laptop:
- Open the YouTube app on your Apple TV and head over to the sign-in screen and remain there until the process is completed successfully.
- Next, you need to sign in when prompted.
- Once you have signed in, you’ll see a list of Google identities associated with your account.
- Make sure to select a Google+ page, which is associated with a YouTube channel.
- Once you’ve selected an account, type in the activation code shown in the YouTube app on your TV.
- And click Allow access.
That’s how you can get a YouTube app on your Apple TV.
Why your 3-rd generation Apple TV cant stream YouTube
Unfortunately, YouTube on the third-generation Apple TV set-top boxes has been removed. The device came out back in 2012, and it’s deprived of the App Store. Hence, The YouTube app cannot be updated because of this.
However, this fact still doesn’t solve the problem and users would still like to continue watching YouTube and this raises the question – how can this be done, and is it even possible to get a YouTube on Apple TV?
The answer is comforting. Although the YouTube app is no longer available on the third-generation Apple TV, you can still watch it on other devices. That is, you can use AirPlay to continue to use YouTube on the contracted set-top box, although you’ll need another device from the Apple ecosystem to do so – which might not be a very pleasant nuance.
The last option is to upgrade the Apple TV set-top box to the later versions, which already work on the tvOS system.
How can you replace your 3-rd gen Apple TV
In general, if you often watch YouTube or want to watch YouTube, but you have a third-generation Apple TV and the YouTube app is no longer updated, there are alternative devices that may work for you.
For those who don’t want to use AirPlay or don’t have a third-party Apple device for such an action, the best option is of course to update the app itself. However, we need to consider that the same Apple TV 4K is pretty old, and newer models have a huge price difference with the Apple TV of the third generation – they start at $ 149 and up.
So there’s an option to consider a newer but at a cheaper price – the Amazon Fire Stick. Or the Rock Ultra. These two streaming devices have everything relevant today – the Apple TV app, Netflix, and the usual YouTube app. Moreover, Roku has its benefits – for instance, there is an option to limit ads and it’s even has an AirPlay option.
- How to cancel Paramount Plus on Apple TV
- How to fix can’t find Apple TV app on your Samsung TV
- How to get a Spectrum app on Apple TV
How to use AirPlay to watch YouTube on 3-rd gen Apple TV
If you wonder how you can use AirPlay feature with your Apple TV in order to watch YouTube this guide may help you:
- Connect your Apple device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- Open the YouTube app on your device and find the video that you want to stream on your Apple TV.
- Tap the video to reveal the overlay, then tap the TV streaming icon. You’ll find it in the top, right-hand corner of your screen. It’s the one that appears as a square with a Wi-Fi icon in the bottom, left-hand corner.
- Select AirPlay & Bluetooth Devices.
- Find and select your Apple TV in the list that appears under Speakers & TVs.
So now you’ve figured out what YouTube is, maybe you’re already familiar with it, but now you have it on your Apple TV. Or maybe you are still in the process of installing it, however, at least you know how to do it.