Paramount Plus, the rebranded CBS All Access streaming service, is now available in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. It hosts all the content of the former streaming service, as well as exclusive originals and theatrical releases from Paramount+ a little more than a month after their first cinematic debut.
If you’re already a little tired of what popular online streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ have to offer, then you’ll be happy to discover that there’s a new Paramount+ service. Paramount Plus looks like a prime contender for a tried and tested streaming platform. Paramount movies are new and diverse streams of exciting dramas and series, humor, crime, reality shows, and trending movies. This service is also available on Amazon Prime.
What is Vizio Smart TV
The VIZIO Smart TV brand has an advantage over other Smart TVs. Not only does it provide excellent picture quality, but it is also compatible with a wide range of streaming applications, many of which are built into the set.
One of the supported streaming services is Paramount+, a paid on-demand streaming service. If you want to add Paramount+ to your collection of sports broadcasts, exclusive original content, and more, this guide will show you how.
In this article, you will learn how to get started with the Paramount+ app on your VIZIO TV. If you are using a Firestick or Roku, we also have instructions on how to add Paramount+ to those devices.
- How to get Paramount Plus for free
- How to cancel Paramount Plus on Firestick and Fire TV
- Is Paramount Plus included with Amazon Prime?
How to add Paramount Plus directly to VIZIO Smart TV
Paramount + is pre-installed on most VIZIO SmartCast TVs released in 2016 or later. To register your Paramount + account and start streaming:
- Open the Paramount+ app.
- Select “Register” and a code will appear on your screen.
- In a web browser on your computer or cell phone, visit paramountplus.com/VIZIO.
- Enter the access code, then activate it.
- Select a subscription plan, then Continue.
- You will be prompted to either log in to your Paramount+ account or create one.
- Enter your payment information, then click “Start Paramount +”.
- A confirmation will appear, as well as the option to return to the TV to start streaming Paramount+.
- On your TV, go to “Settings“, then “Login“.
- Select “On My TV“.
- Enter your account credentials (the same ones you used to set up your subscription).
- Click “Sign In.”
How to watch Paramount Plus on your VIZIO Smart TV using Firestick
Next, you will learn how to properly connect the Firestick to your VIZIO kit, set it up, and install the Paramount+ app to start streaming. You also can cancel your Paramount subscription on your Firestick later:
Connecting the Firestick to a VIZIO TV
To connect a Firestick device to your VIZIO kit:
- On the back of the TV, plug the Firestick into the HDMI port.
- Turn on the Firestick either by using the USB cable (plugged into the port on the TV) or by plugging the USB cable into the power adapter for a more stable connection.
- Now turn on your TV and select the HDMI port. When your Firestick boots up, the logo should appear.
- Your Firestick will search for the remote as it boots. Press the Home button on your remote control to connect it to the Firestick.
- Now follow the instructions on the screen.
Configuring the Firestick
- Select your preferred language by scrolling down the page.
- In the new window with available Wi-Fi networks, select your home Wi-Fi network and, if prompted, enter your password.
- If you received the Firestick from Amazon, you will be connected to your Amazon account; otherwise, you will need to log in using your Amazon account credentials.
- The following setup window gives you the option to enable parental controls.
- If you enable it, some videos will require a PIN to play or download.
- Next, you will get information about Firestick Alexa compatibility.
- Select “Got it,” which will take you to the Fire TV home screen.
Install the Paramount + app and stream
- Click the search icon.
- Through the on-screen keyboard, use the remote to enter Paramount Plus.
- Or, if you’ve integrated Alexa, use the voice command “Search Paramount Plus.”
- In the Apps and Games category, select the Paramount Plus app.
- Select the “Get” icon to download Paramount Plus.
- Once the download is complete.
- Click the “Open” icon to open Paramount +.
- Sign in to your account and start streaming your favorite content.
How to watch Paramount Plus on your VIZIO Smart TV with Roku
Next, we’ll look at connecting your Roku device to the VIZIO set – setting it up and installing the Paramount + app to start streaming:
Connecting Roku to a VIZIO TV
To connect your Roku device to a VIZIO set:
- Connect the Roku to the HDMI port on the back of your VIZIO TV.
- Connect the Roku to a power source.
- Turn on your TV, then set up the Roku input by selecting the HDMI slot in which you inserted it. The Roku home screen is displayed.
Setting up the Roku
- Use the arrow and OK buttons on the Roku remote to select your language and country of residence.
- To set up a wireless connection, press the right arrow button to the right and select “Set up a new wireless connection“.
- To connect Ethernet, connect an Ethernet cable to the Roku, press the right arrow button, and select “Set Up Wired Network“.
- Select your Wi-Fi network on the left, scroll through the list of available networks, and press OK to select your network.
- When your Roku is successfully connected to the Internet, you will be prompted to download the latest version of the software. Once the download is complete, the Roku will reboot.
- Depending on your internet speed, this process may take up to 30 minutes.
- To adjust the display settings, press the OK button on the remote control when you are satisfied with the screen resolution.
Install the Paramount + app and stream
- From the Roku home screen, open the app store.
- Enter a search for Paramount Plus.
- To install the app, select the “Add to Home” option.
- Once the app is installed, sign in with your Paramount + credentials and then start streaming your favorite content.
Now you know more about how to watch and enjoy Paramount Plus content on your Vizio TV.