If you are a Hulu subscriber and own a Vizio TV, you may wonder how to watch Hulu on your TV. Almost all modern Vizio TVs have the ability to watch Hulu in their official app. However, you have alternative methods if your Vizio TV does not support the Hulu app.
Which Vizio Smart TV supports the Hulu app
Vizio Smart TVs produced after 2016 are generally compatible with the Hulu app. Still, the exact models that support it may vary depending on the year of production and the specific features of each TV. Here is a list of Vizio Smart TV models that support the Hulu app:
- Vizio SmartCast TV: These TVs are compatible with the Hulu app and have built-in Chromecast support. You can use the Hulu app on your phone or tablet to cast your favorite shows and movies on your Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Vizio VIA+ TV: These TVs are also compatible with the Hulu app and come with a range of built-in apps, including Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video.
- Vizio D-Series TV: Most Vizio D-Series TVs support the Hulu app and offer high-quality pictures and immersive sound. However, it’s always best to double-check the list of supported devices on the Hulu website before purchasing.
- Vizio M-Series TV: The Vizio M-Series TVs are also compatible with the Hulu app and come with a range of features, including 4K resolution, HDR support, and Dolby Vision.
- Vizio P-Series TV: The Vizio P-Series TVs are high-end models that support the Hulu app and offer impressive picture quality with Quantum Color, 4K resolution, and HDR support.
Note that the specific model numbers and compatibility may vary depending on the year of production and the region you are in. It’s always best to check the Hulu website or contact Vizio customer support to ensure your specific model supports the Hulu app before purchasing.
How to install the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV
If you have a Vizio Smart TV, you may not need to install the Hulu app, as it should be pre-installed on most Vizio Smart TVs. However, if you cannot find the Hulu app on your TV or if it needs to be updated, you can follow these steps to install it:
- On the Home Screen, navigate to the App Store and search for the Hulu Live TV app. You can use the on-screen keyboard to type in the app’s name or use the voice search feature to find it quickly.
- When you find the Hulu Live TV app, select “Add to Home” to download and install it on your VIZIO Smart TV. Depending on your internet connection, this process may take a few minutes.
- Once the app is installed, open it and log in using your Hulu Live TV credentials. As a new user, you can sign up for the service directly from the app and start streaming immediately.
- With the Hulu Live TV app installed and logged in, you can stream your favorite live TV channels, on-demand content, and exclusive programming on your VIZIO Smart TV. Use the on-screen guide to browse the available channels or search for specific shows and movies.
If you do not have the Hulu app pre-installed on your Vizio Smart TV, it’s always a good idea to check the list of compatible models on the Hulu website before purchasing or installing the app. Additionally, you can contact Vizio customer support for further assistance if you encounter any issues installing or using the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV.
What to do if your Vizio Smart TV does not support Hulu?
If your Vizio Smart TV does not support the Hulu app, you can try a few things to access the streaming service. Here are some potential solutions:
- Use a Streaming Device: One way to access Hulu on a Vizio Smart TV that does not support the app is to use a streaming device, such as a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, or Chromecast. These devices can be connected to your TV and provide access to various streaming services, including Hulu.
- Cast from a Mobile Device: Another option is to cast the Hulu app from a mobile device to your Vizio Smart TV. To do this, you can use AirPlay if you have an iPhone or iPad or Google Cast if you prefer Android smartphones and tablets. Download the Hulu app on your mobile device and cast it to your TV using the Cast button.
- Connect a Laptop or Desktop Computer: If you have a laptop or desktop computer with an HDMI output, you can connect it to your Vizio Smart TV and use it to access Hulu. Simply connect the HDMI cable to your TV and computer, switch the TV input to HDMI, and log in to Hulu on your computer to start streaming.
- Use a Web Browser on the TV: Some Vizio Smart TVs come with a built-in web browser that can be used to access streaming services, including Hulu. Open the web browser on your TV and navigate to the Hulu website. Log in to your account and start streaming.
- Contact Vizio Customer Support: If none of the above solutions work for you, you can contact Vizio customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional solutions or recommend a compatible streaming device.
In conclusion, while finding out that your Vizio Smart TV does not support the Hulu app can be frustrating, there are still options available to access the streaming service. Potential solutions to explore include using a streaming device, casting from a mobile device, connecting a computer, using a web browser, and contacting Vizio customer support.
In what regions is Hulu available?
Hulu is a popular streaming service available in the United States and Japan. In the United States, Hulu offers a variety of content, including TV shows, movies, and original programming. The service also offers live TV channels, including sports, news, and entertainment. In Japan, Hulu offers a selection of TV shows and movies from Japanese and international studios.
It’s worth noting that Hulu is only available in these two countries, and there are no current plans to expand the service to other regions. However, some users may be able to access Hulu in other countries by using a virtual private network (VPN) to bypass geographic restrictions. However, it’s important to note that using a VPN to access Hulu violates the company’s terms of service, and users who are caught doing so may have their accounts suspended or terminated.