Hulu is a popular streaming service that offers a vast library of TV shows, movies, and original content. It is available on many devices, including the Roku. So no matter if you already have a subscription to Hulu or are just about to subscribe, you can easily connect this streaming service to Roku.
This can be done in a standard, intuitive way. You must download the Hulu app or, more precisely, the Hulu channel from the Roku Channel Store. After that, you can sign up if you don’t already have a subscription or enter your credentials to sign in to your Hulu account.
So let’s look at the whole process in more detail.
How to install Hulu on Roku
To add Hulu to your channel lineup on Roku, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the home screen.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels.
- After that, select Search Channels and find Hulu.
- Once it appears in the search results, click it and select Add Channel.
- After the channel is installed, select OK.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control again and find Hulu.
- Finally, open it and sign in to your Hulu account.
Once you’ve set up and activated Hulu on your Roku device, you can start watching your favorite TV shows and movies.
How to sign up for Hulu on Roku
To access Hulu on your Roku, you’ll need a Hulu account. If you don’t already have one, you can sign up on the Hulu website or through the Hulu app on your Roku device. Luckily, first-time users can often take advantage of a free trial subscription.
So do the following to sign up for Hulu through the Roku channel:
- Open the Hulu channel on your Roku device and select Start Your Free Trial.
- Then select the plan you want to be subscribed to.
- Hulu – $7.99/month
- Hulu (No Ads) – $14.99/month
- Hulu + Live TV – $69.99/month (Free trial is not available)
- After that, click Continue to create your account.
- Enter your email address, password, and account information.
- You can sign up using the email associated with your Roku account or enter a new one.
- If you are prompted to log in instead of choosing a plan, a Hulu account is already associated with this email address.
- Review your plan selection and click Confirm to complete the process.
- Finally, agree to the Roku Pay terms.
Once you’ve successfully completed the signup process, you’ll have full access to Hulu’s content library. Suppose you ever need to manage your subscription, such as changing your payment information or canceling your service. In that case, you can easily do so by visiting your account page on the Hulu website. From there, you’ll have access to all the tools and resources you need to manage your subscription and stay updated with the latest shows and movies.
Which Roku models support Hulu?
Most Roku models support Hulu, but it’s always best to check the official Hulu website to ensure that your specific device is compatible. Nevertheless, here is a range of Roku devices that support Hulu:
- Roku 2 (4210X)
- Roku 3
- Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X), Stick+, 4K, 4K+
- Roku Express, Express+, 4K, 4K+
- Roku Premiere, Premiere+
- Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
- Roku Smart Speaker
- Roku TV, 2K, 4K, 8K
For Hulu to work properly, the supported Roku models require firmware version 11 or higher and the latest version of the Hulu app. Therefore, updating your Roku device’s firmware and the Hulu app to the latest versions is important before streaming Hulu content.
What Roku model do I have?
If you’re not sure what Roku model you have, here’s how to check it:
- Go to Settings on your Roku.
- Then navigate to System and select About.
By quickly checking before watching Hulu, you can ensure you have the best possible experience on your Roku device.