Hulu as a company started its work back in 2007 and since then it has become one of the most requested VOD services. You can enjoy the app on a variety of devices, and if you are a Roku owner, you can enjoy Hulu without any doubt. Hulu provides thousands of tv shows, movies, and cartoons, as well as series and broadcasts.
In this article, you will find out how to install Hulu on Roku and use it fully.
However, before you start installing, make sure of two things: your system is updated to 8.1 or higher (you can search for updates by selecting Settings, then System on the Roku home screen, followed by System Update > Check Now > OK) and you’ve signed up for a Hulu subscription plan.
How to install Hulu on Roku
To start installation use this instruction below:
- First, press the Home button on your Roku remote, then select Streaming Channels from the list on the left side of the screen, followed by Search Channels
- After that, type “Hulu” into the search bar provided, and select the Hulu option that appears. Then, select Add Channel, which will start the downloading process
- You will see the Hulu app will appear on the Roku home screen, after it has been downloaded
Note: in case you are using the app for the first time, you will be asked to sign in with your Hulu account details before you can start browsing and streaming content
What other devices can you watch Hulu on
In case you don’t own Roku TV or Roku device, there are quite a number of alternatives. You can watch your favorite show on Hulu here is the list of other devices:
- Sony PlayStation consoles: PS3 and PS5
- Xbox consoles: Xbox X, Xbox S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360
- Nintendo Switch consoles
- iOS devices: iPhones and iPads (both 5th generation or later)
- Android devices: phones and tablets (both with Android 5.0 or above)
- Computers: Macs (with OS X 10.13 or above) and PCs (Windows 10)
- Smart TVs: Android, Apple (4th generation or later), Vizio SmartCast, LG (select models), and Samsung (select models)
- Amazon Fire devices: tablets, TVs, and TV Sticks
- Google Chromecast devices
- Roku devices (select models running version 8.1 or above)
- Xfinity Flex Streaming and X1 TV boxes
What content Hulu provides
Hulu, like other VOD services, gives the opportunity to watch various movies, shows, serials, and programs to your preferences. The app offers you a library of over 2,000 movies and over 1,000 TV shows, including critically acclaimed Hulu Originals, like the Emmy-winning The Handmaid’s Tale.
In addition, you also can enjoy many documentaries and kid-friendly shows available and a continually updated catalog of new content.
Moreover, you are able to sign up for the Hulu + Live TV subscription plan for $64.99 per month, which gives you access to over 65 network TV channels, which you can live-stream. So you can watch the news and sports channels.