TikTok is a great social media and video hosting where you can significantly improve your creativity. Here you can make videos, promote your products and spend your free time watching other creators that make interesting short clips for you.
However, have you ever had a situation when you need to find the video that you watched some time ago, but you don’t remember the nickname of the creator? Don’t worry, there’s a way to see your watch history on TikTok.
Why TikTok is used for marketing
Have you ever seen some products that interest you on TikTok? I’ve often had an issue, that I couldn’t find the video with the product that I needed and saw. So why do influencers use TikTok to promote their products?
First of all, it’s Increasing brand identity. TikTok gives users a great opportunity to have an insight into a business. It also helps to engage customers and lets them strengthen their bonds with the brand.
Secondly, it increases brand awareness. Usually, it’s done by using hashtags. This is especially useful for small brands that can’t get much traction from their post. One more way to raise awareness is to buy the promotion from influencers.
Moreover, TikTok has user-generated content which is one of the most important benefits for entrepreneurs. The service gives users an opportunity to repurpose the content via the “Stitch” and “Duet” options. In this way, it’s possible to focus mostly on user-generated content.
How to see your watch history on TikTok on iPhone
Many of us like to use TikTok as there you can find some new useful and interesting information, admire beautiful clips, or just spend time, as when you start to watch the platform, you won’t even notice that you’ve spent hours. However, what to do if you found the video which you wanted to save, but for some reason, you’ve accidentally skipped it? Is it possible to see the watching history? Fortunately, yes, even though, there’s no special button for that. So, if you need to view your watching history on TikTok on your iPhone, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your iPhone, launch the TikTok app, and head to your profile icon.
- After that, you should click on the 3 lines which can be found in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then, you should click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Next, you should tap on the “Personalization and data” section.
- After that, you should click on the “Download your data” option.
- Then, you should click on the “Request data” option at the bottom.
- Next, you’d be asked for confirmation. You should click on the “Download data” option to view the status of the request. When you see the “Pending” status, it means that the request is processing. Usually, you should wait for about 24 hours.
- After that, you should wait for till the file would be ready and click on the “Download” button. You’ll be transferred to the browser.
- Then, you should log in to your TikTok account. You might get asked to verify it.
- Next, you’ll see the pop-up window displayed, there you should click on the “Download” option.
- As the file downloads in a zipped format using your default file manager. If you can’t open it with your iPhone (no zip app installed), you can open it via your computer.
- After you open the zip file, you’ll see a few .txt files. You should open the “Video Browsing History” one.
- To complete the process, you should use copy/paste to watch any video in your browser.
Since then, you can watch and find all the videos that you have accidentally skipped. However, you should remember that your TikTok files would be available only for 4 days. Wehe. the term would finish, you’ll need to send one more request.
How to see your watch history on TikTok on Android
TikTok can reveal many of your skills and improve your creativity. It can also be used as a way of promotion. That’s why you can find some products that may interest you as they may be useful for some things in your life. However, what to do in case you’ve lost the video with the product? Fortunately, there’s a way to solve this issue. So, if you need to see your watch history on TikTok on Android, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should launch the TikTok app, and head to your profile.
After that, you should click on the 3 lines which can be found in the top-right corner of your screen.
Then, you should click on the “Settings & Privacy” tab.
- Next, you should click on the “Privacy” tab.
After that, you should tap on the “Personalization and data” tab.
Then, you should click on the “Download your data” option.
- Next, you should click on the “Request data” option.
- After that, you should see a message displayed that your request has been received. You should click on the “Download data” to see the status of your request. When the file would be ready, you should click on the “Download” option.
- When the file would be downloaded, it can be opened via “My Files” or “Files“. In case you aren’t able to open it on your phone, you should open it via the computer.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the “Video Browsing History” option. Then, you should copy the links and paste them into your browser.
Since then, you’ll be able to see all the videos that you’ve watched, so you would be able to find the ones that you’ve accidentally missed or lost. With this method, you can find the needed product in a couple of minutes and you won’t be worrying that the video has been lost forever. However, the main disadvantage is that the process of accepting your request can take up to 24 hours of waiting.