A vertical tab is very self-descriptive. This feature gives you an opportunity to have your browser tabs situated vertically. Below, you will find out how to use vertical tabs in Firefox, Edge and Chrome.
How to use vertical tabs feature for different browsers
Surely, from the first view, this feature seems to be unnecessary, but if you prefer to have several tabs open at the same time, this feature is really a time saver.
How to get vertical tabs for Firefox browser
Firefox is a great browser that initially comes as the default browser for many Linux distros.
There are many advantages to using Firefox. For example, its user interface and the variety of extensions. Same as in Chrome, you may also find in Firefox its own extensions in the store.
Most of them are free to use while some extensions have a subscription model or a one time payment option. The extension which is required for the method below is free.
If you want to add the extension, which will give you an opportunity to have vertical tabs, to Firefox, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open Firefox.
- After that, you should tap on the Open Application Menu option(3 rectangular lines on the right side).
- Next, you should tap on Add-ons and Themes.
- After you have selected the Extensions tab, you should fill in Vertical Tabs.
- Then, you should press on Vertical tabs Reloaded.
- Next, you should tap on Add to Firefox button.
- To complete the process, you should tap on the Extension’s Icon to get Vertical Tabs in Firefox.
So, just by accomplishing those simple steps, you may get the feature on your device. In case the extension isn’t working for your browser, you can try to use other similar ones.
An excellent choice would be Vertical Tree tabs by Bill. You can pick any other extension as well if it works according to your needs.
How to get vertical tabs for Edge browser
Microsoft Edge was firstly presented for Windows in 2015. It’s also a good choice of browser. Before, extensions weren’t available for Edge browsers, but now they’re supported.
There is o extension required for this method to add Vertical Tabs support to the Edge browser, as there are no extensions that could give you this functionality.
Fortunately, there is nothing to worry about, as it’s still possible to get Verticals Tabs for Edge without having any extensions.
So if you want to add this extension to Edge to get vertical tabs, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open Edge
- After that, you should tap on the three dots which may be found at the upper right corner of your browser
- Then, you should head to Settings
- Next, you should tap on Appearance
- After that, you should head beneath Customize Toolbar option. There, you should find and switch on Show vertical tabs button
- To complete the process, you should head to the upper left hand side,then, you should find and tap on Turn on vertical tabs option
So, just by accomplishing those simple steps, you may get the feature on your device. There are no suitable extensions for adding Vertical tabs in Edge but it wasn’t needed.
Adding Vertical Tabs extension is quite simple on Edge. It can be done without adding any extension directly from the browser itself.
How to get vertical tabs for Chrome browser
Chrome is one of the most popular browsers that exist. The main benefits of using Chrome browser are the simple user interface and the variety of different features that it supports. The most popular one is the Chrome Web Store as it provides hundreds of thousands of extensions.
Using extensions gives you an opportunity to have more features in an already full-featured browser. Many of these extensions are free.
If you want to add the extension to Chrome to get vertical tabs, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open Google Chrome.
- After that, you should tap on the Apps shortcut located in your bookmarks bar.
- Then, you should tap on Web Store.
- Next, you should fill in VerticalTabs directly in the search bar.
- After that, you should tap on the first option.
- Then, you should tap on Add to Chrome button.
- To activate it, you should tap on Extension tab which may be found at the right of the bookmark button.
- To complete the process, you should tap on VerticalTabs option.
After doing the process above, you will be able to add any extension in Chrome through Chrome Web Store. If you face any issues with this extension, you can use any other extension as well.
Alternatively, you can use Vertical Tabs and Bookmarks by Develop Extensions, instead of this extension. You should always pick the extension which works the best for you.