Many people think that it’s impossible to connect the device from one manufacturer to another manufacturer. It’s considered that Mac gadgets aren’t compatible with Windows gadgets, but it’s a myth. So, if Apple gadgets are designed for Apple devices, it doesn’t mean that they can’t be connected to Windows devices.
How to use an Apple wire keyboard with a Windows PC
During the period of existence of Apple, it has produced many different types of keyboards, but wire models have gained the biggest popularity. They’re produced with a smart aluminum chassis and flat keys that sit much closer to the tabletop than traditional keyboards.
The main advantage of the USB keyboard is that you don’t need to charge it, so you will always be able to use it. They consume energy directly from your computer, so it’s required just to connect it with a wire to the device and start the usage.
If you want to use the Apple USB Keyboard with your Windows PC, you should follow the steps which are mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your PC.
- Then, you will see that the device has started the stratup process, so before it comes finished, you should start the BIOS setup because you’re about to install a new hardware component. If you want to do that, you should click on F1, F2, or any other key as specified by your device’s manufacturer.
- After that, you’ll see that the BIOS software window will be displayed. There, you should switch on the “USB keyboard Support” option.
- Then, you should close the BIOS window. There will be some onscreen prompts that you should follow. Then, you computer will restart in order to save changes.
- To complete the process, you should plug in the keyboard to one of your PC’s USB ports. After that, your PC will be ready to wotk with the keyboard.
How to use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard With a Windows PC
Apple has also provided its users with an opportunity to clear their tables from odd staff and still work with a quality keyboard. Despite the fact that the keyboard is wireless, it still can be used for hours.
To be able to connect and use your Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with your Windows PC, you should make sure that it’s charged. If your keyboard is charged with batteries, you should put new ones.
If you want to connect your Apple Bluetooth keyboard to your Windows PC, you should follow the instructions which will be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should unplug the keyboard.
- After that, you should switch on your Windows PC and then you should head to the “Bluetooth Devices” section.
- Then, you should tap on “Bluetooth and other devices settings.”
- Next, you will see that the Bluetooth settings window will be displayed. There, you should press on “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
- Since then, you should power on the Apple wireless keyboard. After that, an automatic scan will be started. It will locate the keyboard as one of the available Bluetooth devices.
- After that, you should tap on the keyboard.
- Then, you should press on “Next.”
- Next, you would be required to fill in the code that was generated by your Windows PC on your keyboard and tap on “Enter.” After doing this, your Windows PC would be connected to the keyboard and the driver would be installed.
- To finish the process, you should close the Bluetooth settings screen. From here, you will be able to use your Apple Bluetooth keyboard with your device.
How to remap keys on Apple Keyboard to use it with a Windows PC
However, PC and Apple keyboards are similar in most features, some keys/key combinations aren’t.
- First of all, you should install Keyboard Manager from Microsoft’s official website.
- After that, there will be displayed some on-screen instructions which should be followed to install the app on your system
- Then, you should open and tap on “Remap a key.”
- Press on “+” to introduce a new key mapping.
- Tap on “Type” and then click on the key you’d like to change.
- Press on “Ok.”
- Tap on “Type” under “Mapped”.
- Click on “Ok.”
- To complete the process, save the changes.
All in all, it’s quite easy to connect your Apple keyboards to your Windows PC.