One of the most common mistakes when buying a new LG Smart TV is to install too many apps. This will prevent you from finding the right app and overload your Smart TV’s storage. In this case, you need to remove unnecessary applications to free up space and make using LG Smart TVs more convenient.
To uninstall an application on a newer Smart TV with WebOS 6.0 or newer, go to the “Edit Apps list” on your home screen and then hover over the application icon you want to remove. Then click on the trash can icon.
On the other hand, if you have an older version of WebOS 5.0 or earlier, you have to hover over the application on the home screen and long press to select it. When the context menu appears, click the cross icon to remove the application.
Let’s look at these methods in more detail below.
How to delete apps on LG Smart TV running webOS 6.0 or newer
LG Smart TVs running webOS 6.0 or a newer version offer an updated app management system that easily deletes unwanted apps. To do this, you will need to:
- Press the “Home” button on your LG Smart TV remote to access the Home Dashboard.
- Navigate to the “Edit Apps list” icon using the directional buttons and press the “Enter” or “OK” button.
- Scroll through the list of installed apps and locate the app you want to delete.
- Highlight the app and wait until the options menu appears.
- From the options menu, select “Delete,” indicated as the trash bin icon.
- Confirm the deletion by selecting “Yes” on the confirmation prompt.
With webOS 6.0 or a newer version on your LG Smart TV, managing and deleting apps has become more streamlined. Enjoy a personalized and clutter-free experience on your LG Smart TV!
How to delete apps on LG Smart TV running webOS 5.0 or older
If you own an LG Smart TV running webOS 5.0 or an older version, deleting process will be slightly different. This section will guide you through the steps to delete apps on an LG Smart TV running webOS 5.0 or older. Let’s begin!
- Press the Home button on your LG Smart TV remote to get started. This will bring up the Home menu, the central hub for managing your apps and settings.
- Using the directional buttons on your remote, navigate to the app you wish to delete. Press and hold the app for approximately three seconds once the app is highlighted.
- When the [X] mark appears, you can delete the app. To proceed with the deletion, select the [X] mark.
- To confirm the deletion, select “Yes” on the dialog box. This will initiate the app deletion process.
Once you have confirmed the deletion, the app will be removed from your LG Smart TV. You can now enjoy the freed-up storage space and a clutter-free Home menu.
Deleting apps on an LG Smart TV with webOS 5.0 or an older version is simple and straightforward. Following the steps outlined above, you can easily remove unwanted apps and optimize your TV’s storage.
Is it possible to uninstall pre-installed apps on LG TV?
It is generally impossible to uninstall or delete pre-installed apps on LG Smart TVs. Pre-installed apps are often part of the TV’s firmware and integral to the system’s functionality. The manufacturer typically provides these apps meant to enhance the user experience or provide essential features.
While you may not be able to uninstall pre-installed apps, you can usually hide them from the home screen. This can help declutter the interface and prioritize the apps you frequently use. You can also organize your favorite apps on the home screen for quick access.
It’s important to note that TV manufacturers may release software updates that could change the capabilities and options related to pre-installed apps. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to the user manual or visit the official LG support website for the most up-to-date information regarding app management on your specific LG Smart TV model and firmware version.
How to edit the Home screen on LG Smart TV
If you have an LG Smart TV with many apps installed, arranging them for easy access can be beneficial. Customizing the Home screen and moving apps to desired locations ensures that your most frequently used apps are readily available. Follow the steps below to edit the Home screen on your LG Smart TV.
- To begin, locate the Home button on your TV remote and press it. This will bring up the Home screen interface.
- Go to the “Edit App List” tile using the multi-directional navigation pad on your remote. The Edit tile allows you to make changes to the layout and organization of your apps.
- You can highlight and select the app from the Edit tile to move to a different location. To do this, go to desired app and long-press the Center button.
- Once you have selected the app you want to move, it will slightly shift upward on the screen, indicating that it is ready for relocation.
- Moving the app to the desired location using the left or right key on the navigation pad. The app’s position will adjust accordingly on the Home screen as you navigate. Once the app reaches the desired location, press the Center button on your remote to confirm the new placement.
If you have additional apps you want to reposition, follow the same process. Select the app, prepare it for movement, and use the left or right key to relocate it. Confirm the new placement by pressing the Center button.
By following these steps, you can easily edit the Home screen on your LG Smart TV and arrange the apps to suit your preferences. Organizing your apps in a way that reflects your usage patterns can save you time and provide a more personalized viewing experience.
Why you need to uninstall apps on your LG Smart TV
You might consider uninstalling apps on your LG Smart TV for several reasons. Here are a few common scenarios:
- Freeing up Storage Space: Over time, as you download and install new apps, your TV’s storage may become limited. Uninstalling unused or unwanted apps can help free up storage space for new apps or content.
- Optimizing Performance: Having too many apps running in the background can potentially impact the performance of your LG Smart TV. By uninstalling unnecessary apps, you can improve the overall speed and responsiveness of the TV’s interface.
- Customizing the User Experience: LG Smart TVs often come with pre-installed apps that may not be relevant to your needs. By uninstalling these apps, you can customize the home screen and prioritize the apps you use frequently.
- Managing App Permissions: Some apps on your LG Smart TV may request various permissions, such as access to your location or microphone. Uninstalling apps you no longer use can help you maintain better control over your privacy and limit the number of apps with access to sensitive information.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: If you encounter issues with a specific app, such as frequent crashes or errors, uninstalling and reinstalling the app can sometimes resolve the problem. It lets you start fresh with a clean app installation, potentially resolving any software conflicts or glitches.
It’s worth noting that while uninstalling apps can provide benefits, it’s important to exercise caution and consider the implications. Some pre-installed apps may be integral to the TV’s functionality or receive important updates through system firmware updates. Always review the app’s purpose and consult the manufacturer’s documentation or support resources before uninstalling any app on your LG Smart TV.