Notifications in Android are incredibly useful. They help the user to always be aware of all events, important and not so important. However, sometimes there are too many events and notifications come nonstop. Hardly anyone likes to take their smartphone out of their pocket every minute and make sure nothing important has happened. Fortunately, in Android, you can balance the display of alerts or remove them altogether.
For some, this may sound like a foolproof way not to miss a single message. For others, however, it may sound like an invitation to constant interruptions or, even worse, a way to open your device to phishing attacks. Given the state of mobile security, you want to do everything you can to prevent unwanted messages from reaching your device.
At the moment there are notifications on all the phones. Notifications preview is also available everywhere. Messages with app previews are Google’s attempt to solve the problem of fragmentation of instant messaging apps.
Every day a new messenger is born. While some people install one type of instant messaging, others install another messaging app. To make it easier for people to exchange messages regardless of which messaging app they use, Google introduced a message preview feature.
Anyway, here’s how to turn off message preview on your Android mobile device.
How to turn off message preview on Google Android phone
If you want to turn off message preview on your Google Android phone, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the “Message” app on your mobile device.
- Then, tap on the “three dots” button in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Settings”.
- Search for the “Notifications” option and turn it off.
- After that, all messages notifications will be cancelled. You can also navigate to the “QuickMessage and Reply” section and turn off the “Show QuickMessage” option.
Once you have completed these steps, the QuickMessage pop-up window for incoming SMS messages will not appear on the Android phone.
How to turn off message preview on Huawei Android phone
If you want to turn off message preview on your Huawei Android phone, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, go to the “Settings” app on your Huawei mobile device.
- After that, select the “All” tab and tap on the “More” option under the “Apps” section.
- Then, the page with three options will appear. Tap on the “Message” option to proceed.
- Switch the “Message preview” slider to turn off message previews and the “Pop-up messages” slider, respectively, under “Notifications”.
Once you have completed these steps, you will not receive notifications of incoming messages and view these text messages automatically. However, if you want to enable your messages previews again, just follow the same steps.
Oddly enough, the Android operating system is still far from perfect. Yes, it allows you to block the notifications of individual apps. It’s possible to turn off the display of all notifications at once.
However, for some unknown reason, Google doesn’t allow you to turn off the sound that plays when you receive notification of any event. To be more precise, it can be turned off, but also for calls and SMS messages. Separately, the sound for calls and notifications is regulated only on a select number of devices with a special shell.