Variety your game options in GTA 5 on Xbox One can at any time – the developers have taken care of easy character changes and navigation in general.
Is it possible to swap characters in GTA 5 on Xbox One
Even those who don’t play video games have heard at least once about the iconic GTA series from Rockstar Studios. The fifth part and, so far, the last one, even though it was released almost nine years ago, still holds the peak of its popularity and is still played daily by millions of players.
Moreover, Rockstar released the same 2013 online campaign, where the player can develop his own character and the cost of his story. It’s the Online mode still shapes and holds the interest of the entire GTA community for so many years.
The offline campaign story itself is one of the best in the history of video games. There are vivid, lively characters that you can play as. Yes, you can play as any of the three characters – Franklin, Michael, and Trevor – rather than the one you’re given at the beginning of the game. Each of them has his own story, his own character, and his own principles. Rockstar has made it possible to change characters at any time during the game – it’s a great element to dilute the gameplay.
However, the question is how to change the character in GTA5 when you play from the console, namely the Xbox One? Next, there will be a little more detail about it.
How to change characters in GTA 5 on Xbox One
First, you need to understand that if you have just recently started playing a story campaign, you can’t immediately change the characters – because the game hasn’t introduced you to them. Secondly, in some quests, the game will also not allow you to change characters (it depends on the story) or limit you to changing two characters instead of three.
If you play on Xbox One or Xbox 360, it makes no difference. The method is suitable for both consoles. Here’s how to change characters on Xbox:
- Press and hold the Down Button located on the D-Pad
- Select the preferred character with the Right Analog stick
- Release the Down Button to select the highlighted character
How to change characters in GTA 5 on PS4
Well, if you have a PS4 below guide how to change the characters is if you have DualShock:
- Hold down the Down Button on the D-Pad
- Highlight the character you want to switch to using the Right Analog stick
- Release the Down Button to switch
How to change characters in GTA 5 on PS3
Almost the same algorithm as the other PS consoles:
- Hold the Down Button on the D-Pad
- Using the Right Analog stick, select the character you want to switch to
- Let go of the Down Button to make the switch
How to change characters in GTA 5 via PC
On a PC it’s also very simple, all you have to do is follow the instructions:
- Hold down the Alt key after running the game
- Use the directional keys or the mouse to highlight the character you wish to switch to
- Release the Alt key
And you’re done!
Is it possible to change characters in GTA 5 Online
Generally speaking, in the Online campaign of the game, you can create up to two characters and choose between them accordingly. However, the thing is, the method is a little different from the one in the story campaign. Here’s how to change a character in GTA5 Online:
- Activate the game’s pause menu while playing with one of the two characters
- Select the Online tab
- Go to Swap Character
- Confirm that you want to quit the session
- Select the character you wish to switch to using the directional keys and Confirm
As you can see, it’s easy to change the character in the story campaign and in Online. All you have to do is hold down the button and select the desired character from the slot. As already mentioned, this element will greatly diversify the gameplay and your story. It’s for such elements and details that this game is still at the top of the most popular games to this day.