Twitter is a huge social media, so the content may be different. If you don’t want to see someone’s tweets on Twitter, you are able to block them.
When you block someone, it doesn’t send any sort of notification to them. And while this is great for quietly curating your feed, it can be annoying if you think that someone else has blocked you.
Fortunately, there’s a quick way to tell if someone’s blocked you on Twitter and to see how many blocks you’ve received. The information below will explain everything about this topic.
How to check who blocked you on Twitter
You will not receive a notification if someone has blocked you.
Here’s what happens when you’re blocked:
- You are not able to see the person’s tweets.
- You are not able to receive notifications regarding their account.
- You are not able to see comments or replies in a conversation by that person.
- You are technically able to send them a message, but they won’t receive it.
If you think that someone has blocked you on Twitter, the bad news is the app doesn’t offer insight into who did it and when. Of course, there’s a way to see who has blocked you.
Namely, you can check who blocked you on Twitter manually. Of course, if you have thought about who it may be, it will take less time, than if you will check everyone.
In order to establish whether someone blocked you on Twitter, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should visit the Twitter website or install the mobile app.
- Then, you should search for the person in question.
- If you see their profile, it means you’re not blocked. If you see “You’re blocked. You can’t follow or see [the user’s name] Tweets,“ it means they’ve blocked you.
Basically, the whole purpose of blocking someone is to avoid unwanted or unnecessary interactions. Twitter respects its users’ privacy, which is why it doesn’t provide any information regarding people who blocked you. The same goes for when you block someone.
How to see how many people have blocked you
For this solution, you will need an app, which is called Blolook that connects to your Twitter account to see how many blocks you’ve received. Of course, it will not exactly say who has blocked you but will tell you how many accounts are blocking you. To do that, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should visit the Blolook website on your computer or phone, and click on Log in with Twitter.
- Then, you should authorize the app to be able to connect it to your Twitter account. You might need to log into Twitter again on this page.
- After you have done the step above, you should scroll to the Your account box. Then, you should head to Accounts blocking you, there you will be able to see the number of accounts that have blocked you.
How to manage your block list
To manage your block list you need to:
- First of all, you should tap More, which is located on the side navigation menu.
- Then, you should press on Settings and privacy.
- After that, you should tap on Privacy and safety.
- Then, you should find and press on Blocked accounts under Safety.
- At the top of your block list, you’ll see the option to click All or Imported.
- Next, you should tap on All in order to see every account you are currently blocking.
- After that, you should press on Imported in order to see the accounts you blocked after previously importing another account’s list.
- To unblock an account, click the Blocked button next to the account you’d like to unblock (the button will read Unblocked when you hover over it).
So the process isn’t as tough as you may think. Twitter has a wide range of featured including the blocking function which may help you to stay away from unsatisfactory content.