Google Pay is a mobile payment app that allows you to pay for items online or through contactless payment. You can also exchange money with other people, track personal spending, add virtual credit cards, and manage your money.
When you choose a payment method to buy Apps, Games, Books, or Movies in Google Play Store, it’s required to fill in your Credit Card or Debit Card information to your Google Play Account. So, if your want to edit or change your payment method on Google Play Store due to any reason follow the steps below.
How to remove a payment method on Google Play:
- First of all, you should open the Google Play store on any of your devices.
- After that, you should click on the menu and then select the Payment methods.
- After that, you should choose and press on More payment settings.
- If it’s required, you should sign in to pay.google.com.
- Select the payment method which you want to be removed and click on Remove.
- After all, the payment method will be removed from your Google account.
How to change your payment method while making a purchase on Google Play:
- First of all, you should open the Google Play Store app on any of your devices.
- After that, you should head to a paid item’s detail page.
- Then, you should click on the price and review app permissions.
- Under the app name, you should find the Down arrow and then you should click on Payment methods.
- Next, you should choose from one of your existing payment methods or add a new one.
- Now complete your purchase.
Keep in mind that if you add a payment method while making a purchase, it will be saved in your account.
Which payment methods are supported
Credit and debit cards
- American Express
- Discover (US only)
- JCB (Japan and US only)
- Visa Electron (Outside the US only)
- Elo credit cards (Brazil only)
- Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo
How to use Google Pay on Android
Google Pay should be the default payment system for most Android devices. Sometimes, Google Pay should be manually set as the default on Samsung phones with Samsung Pay.
To do that, you should:
- First of all, you should open the phone’s Settings and open the Apps (or Apps & Notifications) menu.
- Then, you should click on the three-dot icon and select Default Apps, then select the Tap and pay option and set it to Google Pay (or G Pay).
- Google Pay will then pop up as the payment system when needed.
If you want to pay for a purchase in a store that is supported by Google Pay, you should hold your phone near the payment reader and confirm the transaction with your password, PIN, fingerprint, or face.
To pay for an item within an app or on a website, you should choose the item that you want to purchase and tap the Google Pay button. Fill in your password, PIN, or other means of authentication to confirm the transaction.
All in all, the process isn’t as complicated as you may think. Hope this article was helpful for you and made everything clear about the payment methods in Google Pay. Follow the tips above and it will help you to use Google Pay.