GIF is a commonly used graphic image format on the web. It is usually an animated moving picture, drawn or created from a video. With the development of technology, gifs have become an entertainment element similar to postcards, collages, demotivators.
Many social networks and online resources allow you to add gifs to your publications. Sometimes, you might like a certain gif and want to keep it for yourself to use later in your posts or messages. Some online resources and social networks allow you to do this directly in their applications or websites. As for Twitter, the situation is more complicated.
In this article, we are going to tell you how to save gifs from Twitter on different devices.
How to save gifs from Twitter on iPhone
If you are an iPhone owner and want to save gifs on your mobile device, you definitely have to be aware of GIFwrapped. This is the app that allows you to save gifs from Twitter. It is free-to-use but has a paid version that turns off ads in the app and gives you some additional customization options. So, just download GIFwrapped from App Store and follow these steps:
- Go to the Twitter GIF you want to save;
- Tap the down arrow in the upper right corner of Tweet;
- Choose “Share Tweet via”, and then tap “Copy link to Tweet”;
- Open GIFwrapped and go to the search tab if necessary;
- Paste the URL of the Tweet into the search bar and tap “Search”;
- Save the GIF that appears in the Library or in Photos by tapping the arrow icon that emerges from the frame in the lower left corner of the screen and choosing “Share Photo”. Then tap “Save Image”.
How to save gifs from Twitter on Android devices
If you want to save gifs from Twitter on your Android mobile device, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, download Tweet2gif. This is the app that allows you to save gifs from Twitter on your Android device. It is also free-to-use and is available in the Google Store;
- Once you’ve downloaded Tweet2gif, you have to give it access to the media files on your smartphone or it will not work;
- After that, navigate to the Tweet that contains the GIF you want to save;
- Tap the share button;
- Choose “Tweet2gif”;
- Finally, tap “Download GIF”.
You can change the save location by going into the settings.
How to save gifs from Twitter on desktop
If you want to save gifs from Twitter on your desktop, you have to download and use EZGif. It is a trusted way of saving GIFs from Twitter. To save gifs using EZGif, you have to follow these steps:
- Copy the URL of the Tweet containing the GIF you want to save;
- Open EZGif’s GIF optimizer;
- Paste the URL of the Tweet into the text box below “OR insert image url:”;
- Click “Upload!”;
- You’ll see the GIF at the top of the screen, and you’ll also have the ability to edit it there;
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “Convert to GIF!”;
- Scroll down again and you’ll see another GIF box. If you’re satisfied, click “Save”.
Now, you have your GIF downloaded to your PC.
However, don’t forget that any image on the Web may be protected under copyright, so be careful with that and be aware of copyright infringements, as it may have severe legal impact on your life.