The PIN code is an extra layer of protection against third parties or malicious intruders. However, what to do when you forget or lose the PIN from your Rock? Perhaps your PIN has even been changed by others. Often there are such situations as loss of PIN or its sudden change, and if you can not use the full-service Roku because of this problem, here you can find a way out of the situation and even find information on how to manage your PIN, change it, etc.
In general, you should start with what the PIN code on Roku means and what functions it performs. Since it has already been mentioned that the PIN is a kind of additional protection against various unauthorized actions on your Roku account, it’s worth paying attention to the PIN. It’s a four-digit code that you enter yourself when making purchases or taking any action on your account. This means that the PIN cannot be entered by criminals and do something with your account. As long as your PIN isn’t known.
It’s also useful in situations where there are people in your house who can make purchases from your account either accidentally or intentionally. The PIN comes in handy for this.
Is it possible to know your Roku Pin code
If you have forgotten your PIN from the Rock, it will be useful to find it and even write it down somewhere, in case something happens to your account. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit Roku’s official website go.roku.com/pin
- You will now have to sign in to your Roku account. Enter your id and password in the space allowed for the same
- Go to my accounts page, which will be under the heading of the main menu
- Choose the option of updating your pin when the dialog box is popped up. You will se three options to update your code, the following are:
- Always require a pin to purchase any items, including the free ones
- Always require a pin to purchase the paid items
- No pin is ever required to make any purchase
- If you choose any of the first two options, you will be given a chance to either create the pin if you haven’t already or verify your existing pin
Is there a default Roku PIN
Unfortunately, there is no default PIN code on Roku. When you create an account, you set it manually. You can only select a certain set of numbers by yourself, there is no automatic random input.
How to add, update, or reset Roku pin
Since Roku is one of the most popular streaming services, you can always update your PIN at any time. It’s a very straightforward process. You can also add a new one, if you do not have a PIN, you can always add it.
To reset your PIN you will have to perform a factory reset on your player. To do this follow the instructions:
- Press the home button on your controller and go to the settings option
- You will see an advanced system setting choice. Click on that and choose the factory reset alternative
- Tap on the factory reset everything alternative, next will be a code generated, which will be visible on your screen. Enter the code, and your player will start performing to factory reset
Is there any chance of disabling Roku PIN
However, there are times when you absolutely do not need to have a PIN. If you do not find it necessary, here’s a guide on how to remove it:
- Go to your Roku account using your PC or any other device
- Go to ‘My Account’ and choose the last one out of the three options mentioned above ( a pin isn’t required to purchase any subscribed content on your Roku account)
- Save changes and you will never berequired to enter a PIN while making purchases
Also, very useful PIN, if you have children in the house and you want to protect them from unnecessary content on TV. To set the parental control, you still need a PIN code. It also blocks their access to purchase the paid content from their account. If you set up a PIN, you can see an option of parental control for the Roku channel under which there would be four options, i.e., no pin required to play any content, little kids, young kids, and teens.