Like any other device, your Insignia smart TV remote control can malfunction and not work. It’s normal to occasionally encounter difficulties with this type of device. To solve them, below are actions you can take.
How to reset your remote
If you encounter that you cannot pass through the loading screen, or you can’t get past the “Stuck” buffer, don’t rush to worry. In most cases, such problems you can solve by a simple reboot. In Insignia’s case, however, it’s not so simple. The fact is that simply turning off the Insignia Fire TV may not be enough. At times, a standard “shutdown” isn’t enough to get all the power out of its system. Small power supplies inside the unit can disrupt the reset process. A hard reset of the Insignia Fire TV must be performed in order for the reset to succeed. In order to reset all settings and completely restart your Insignia, you need to:
- First, unplug your Insignia Fire TV. As mentioned above, the main problem with resetting is the electricity remaining in the device.
- Next, press and hold the dedicated power button for at least 30 seconds.
- While you’re holding the button, plug the TV in and continue holding it.
- Continue until the loading screen appears. Only then release the power button.
- Having finished with the previous point, re-synchronize the Fire TV remote control. To do this, press and hold its home button for 30 seconds.
After reading the method above, don’t rush to use it. The case is that the process of loading your Insignia Fire TV can take a long time. Amazon allows a download time of 25 to 30 minutes. This is due to the fact that most likely in these moments the system is trying to troubleshoot some issues or install system updates. If you start to reboot your TV in any of these cases, it may cause even more problems, and with the increase of the list of tasks and loading will go more. The system will in any case try to update, and if there are errors then fix them, so rebooting in such cases is the last thing to do.
How to rest your Fire TV software
If you’re sure that the problem cannot be solved by waiting and resetting your remote, then you can try to reset the Amazon Fire TV OS. Please note that this method is best used only if there is a system error which the device itself cannot solve. To restore the Amazon Fire TV software, you need to perform the following steps:
- First, take the Fire TV remote control.
- On the crossbar on the remote, press the Right and Back buttons together and hold them down.
- Continue to do this for at least 10 seconds.
- The window appear for you to choose reset the device to factory settings or not. If you’re sure about your choice, then start the process. If you don’t make the decision yourself, the device will begin the process regardless of the selection after a few seconds.
Note that if you use both methods, your personal settings will be permanently lost, and you will have to restore them manually. Weigh your decisions and think twice about whether you need to resort to such drastic measures.