You probably have a conflict or you just want to keep others safe or create a cozy corner of your group or chat room, so you’ve decided it’s best to get rid of unwanted members, but don’t know how to do it? Here are four tips on how to manage group members.
How to delete a user from a group in Telegram
Telegram messenger is a convenient platform for communicating with several interlocutors at once. In the created chat participants correspond, share news, photos, videos. Sometimes, the author has to delete chat partners from the list. This happens for a number of reasons related to violations of the rules or other nuances.
Moreover, you should always take care of the rules of the group and try to adhere to the principles that unite people in a particular chat room, but if you still believe that the person is a threat or creates constant conflict, it’s time to remove them from the chat room.
Here is a guide on how the administrator can remove a person from the group in Telegram.
Is it possible to remove a user from Telegram gruop via mobile devices
So, you have decided on a radical step, and you think that the user provides a lot of trouble in the chat room. If you use Telegram, deleting a user is a fairly straightforward process. Since Telegram is available on all devices, here is a guide on how to remove a user from Telegram via iPhone:
- Launch the Telegram app
- Open the group chat screen
- Tap on the group’s profile avatar to open the member management section. You’ll see a new window with a list of all the group members
- Scroll down the list to find the user you intend to remove
- Swipe left the tab with users name in order to delete them
- Tap on Delete to remove the user from the group
On Android, the process is about the same:
- Launch the app
- Select the proper group and click on the group’s name
- The menu opens a list of conversation contacts
- Select the person you want to delete
- Tap and hold your finger on the contact for a few seconds
- In the pop-up window, select the Remove from group action
You won’t be able to confirm this action, so think carefully about whether you really want to remove the members. You can return them later, but only if you have them in your contacts or if you know their username.
Is is possible to remove a user from Telegram group via macOS and Windows
It’s enough to go through the same algorithm on the macOS:
- Launch the Telegram app
- Click on the Chats icon at the bottom of the app. The icon looks like the shape of two interlocking speech bubbles
- Click on the name of the group that contains the user you’d like to kick out
- When the group opens, click on the Edit button in the top right corner. You’ll see a new window with a list of all the group members
- Scroll down the list to find the user you intend to remove from the group
- Click on the red minus button beside the member’s name. The user will instantly be removed from the group and will not be able to view incoming chats or participate in any other way
On Windows, it’s more than easy:
- Launch the Telegram desktop app. By default, all the groups you’ve formed or joined are located in the Home Screen in the left panel
- Click on the group of interest to open it
- Next, click on the group’s name at the top of the chat
- This will display a list of all the group’s members
- Scroll down the list to find the user you’d like to remove
- Once you’ve found them, hover your mouse over their name and click on the Remove from group that appears in the drop-down menu. Doing so will instantly remove them from the group
There is also an option to kick a person out via the group management section:
- Open the group in question
- Click on the ellipsis (three small dots in the top right corner)
- From the resulting options, select Manage group
- You should see a list of all members with a Remove button next to each member’s name. Simply click on the button to kick someone from your chat
Now you know more about how to manage your Telegram group/chat members and create a cozier environment. Also, don’t forget that you can invite an already kicked participant again at any time, but only if you have them in your contacts or know their username/phone number.
Except that none of these options actually seem to appear the way you say they will. What is going on? This is incredibly frustrating