Google Docs provides its users with a simple way to create and share a document with others, while having them view, comment, or edit it depending on the permissions you give them. This enables collaboration and removes the possibility of misunderstandings.
In some cases, users would like to print the shared document along with the comments in it. However, that is when they realize that although Google Docs allows printing the document, it leaves out the comments on the canvas.
How you can print document with comments
Below you will see a few methods to print the document along with all comments:
Method 1: Capture Page as a Screenshot and Print
Simply use the screenshot feature to capture the entire document including the canvas, and print the image. Although this method works, it is not very flexible and has limitations.
Method 2: Save as Webpage and Print
- First of all, you should open the document in Google Docs, and tap on File which is located on the Toolbar at the top, causing the File menu to drop.
- Then, within the File menu, you should press on Download, which will open the Download menu.
- After that, you should select the option Web page (html, zipped), and point it to where you want Google Docs to save the document.
- Next, the saved file should be unzipped and the html document should be extracted. Then, you should open the document in your browser. All comments are visible with reference numbers which are located at the bottom of the document.
This method may or may not serve your purpose. If it is not suitable, let’s get down to the next method.
Method 3: Save as OpenDocument Format and Print
To do that, you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open the document in Google Docs, and from the Toolbar.
- Open the File menu, and then you should click on the Download menu.
- After that, you should tap on OpenDocument Format (.odt) and point to where you want Google Docs to save the document.
- Then, you should open the saved file in LibreOffice Writer or OpenOffice Writer. If you want to see the comments, you should turn on Comments from the View menu on the Toolbar.
- If you want to print the document, you should go to the File menu in the Toolbar and tap on Print.
Method 4: Save as Microsoft Word document and Print
- If you are a user of Microsoft Word, Google Docs gives you an opportunity to save documents in .docx format. To do that you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open the document in Google Docs, and from the Toolbar, open the File menu, and then the Download menu.
- Then, you should tap on Microsoft Word (.docx), and point to where you want Google Docs to save the document.
- After that, you should use the Microsoft Word in order to open the saved file.
- If you want to see the comments, you should turn on Show Comments. To do that, you should visit the Review menu on the Toolbar.
- If you want to print the document, you can go to the File menu in the Toolbar, then tap on Print, and click on the printer.
Method 5: Use Google Chrome Extension to Print
If you are using Google Chrome as your browser, you may use an extension in order to print the document directly from Google Docs. To do that, you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should open your Google Chrome browser and search for Chrome Web Store.
- Then, you should visit the Chrome Web Store, if you want to search for the extension Print Google Doc with Comments.
- Then, you should tap on Add to Chrome. In this way, you will add a new Extensions icon in your Chrome browser which you may find on the top right-hand side.
- After that, to open your document with comments, you may use the Chrome Browser. Select the Extensions Icon, which will display all the extensions, including the Print Google Doc with Comments extension.
- Next, you should tap on the extension Print Google Doc with Comments, in this way, you will be able to open a preview of the page. Click on the Print button at the bottom to print to Microsoft Print to PDF.
- To print directly to a printer connected to your system, click on More settings in the middle of the Print dialog. This will open a few additional choices for printing the document. Click on Print using system dialog.
- After a print dialog willbe opened, you should tap on Find Printer, select the printer you want, and print your document.
Hope, the article was helpful for you.