No matter what phone you use, from time to time it may glitch or malfunction. Fortunately, in most cases, such glitches can be solved by rebooting your phone. This rule also applies to the Samsung Galaxy S21. Below you will learn exactly how you can turn on, turn off and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S21 even if your device hangs so unresponsive to your actions.
How different are the Samsung S21 shutdown methods for different sub models
The reboot methods for Galaxy S21 described below apply to all varieties of this model. The method applies to standard Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and S21 Ultra. The functions by which you can reset, turn on, and of these phones are common to all of them.
How to power off Samsung S21
Sometimes, when you visit some places with special visiting rules or want our phone to not distract us from our work in any way, you need to turn it off. To turn off the Samsung Galaxy S21, you need:
- First, find the side key on the right side of the phone. Usually you use it as the lock button.
- Press and hold it for 2 to 5 seconds. This will bring up the shutdown menu.
- After the functions appear on the screen: power off Galaxy S21, restart/reboot Galaxy S21, lockdown Galaxy S21, Turn on Emergency mode and quick access to side key settings below, select power off.
After that, your phone will turn off. Read more about how to turn it back on. Note, if the battery is almost empty, the Galaxy S21 will turn off automatically. In that case, you will need to charge the battery to turn the Galaxy S21 back on.
How to power on Samsung S21
In order to turn on the Samsung Galaxy S21 you need to:
- Just like to turn off, find the side key.
- Make sure you had charged your phone battery. If you hadn’t charged it 100 percents, then check out if it charged at least more than on 1 percent.
- In case you have enough charge, press the side button on the right side for at least 2 and maximum 5 seconds.
After that, your phone should turn on. If the battery is low, you will see a sign on the screen indicating this.
How to reboot your Samsung S21
To reboot the Galaxy S21, there are several ways. The first is to reboot through the shutdown menu. This method is good because if you use it, all open apps will be closed correctly, and you won’t lose unsaved data. To use it, you need:
- Press and hold the side button for 2 to 5 seconds.
- When the shutdown menu appears, select the reboot function.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Whatever the reason may cause you to reboot the phone after this, most likely it will be solved.
How to reboot your Samsung S21 if your phone don’t react to your actions
If your phone is frozen and you cannot access the shutdown menu, although this is rare, do the following:
- Press and hold the side button on the right side for more than 5 seconds. If you do this, then your phone will reboot.
- In case the method above doesn’t work, press and hold the side lock button and the volume decrease button at the same time for more than 7 seconds.
This method of shutting down is bad because your apps won’t shut down correctly, and you will likely lose any unsaved data. However, if your phone is hopelessly frozen and there is nothing else you can do, this is your best way to restart the system and clear the error. If all the ways above don’t work and your phone won’t turn on even after it’s charged, and you’ve recharged it, contact a Samsung service center. They will be able to help you.